 Castle / 8876
Re: July surprise for castle fans!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 20:41:59 GMT

I'm not saying I'm forced into buying them or anything-- I'm not even
against them offering the piece... Like you said, I just wouldn't buy it. It
wouldn't be a terrific suprise for *me*. I mean, I'm not ordering blue train
windows by the bagful because, well, I don't really care for them, and I've
got plenty. I don't object to them offering the piece. I'm just putting my
$.02 into what I *would* be interested in buying and why. Certainly didn't
mean to offend you or anything...

DaveE

I was directly referencing these comments:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo not castle walls, who builds with them
anyway? I've got 3 shoebox size containers full of them and I never use
them.  - Tamyra Teed

I couldn't have said it better myself.  I can't stand the castle wall
pieces, myself. - Andy Lynch

The last thing I need is more castle walls to dump in a rubbermaid tub and
ignore. - James Brown

Yeah, same here. - Dave Eaton.

With comments like those, I did feel the need to let it be known that there
are people out there that want castle walls in bulk fairly badly.  I hear
Lego does read this board on occasion.  I do have some difficulty
understanding why people would go out of their way to dump vitriol on what
someone else may want.  You certainly can understand that some people
*could* be hurt and offended by such an outpouring of opposition to the
possibility of Lego making available pieces which they have long hoped for?
I can understand not wanting something - I have more windshield pieces than
I care to count, and if I had 500 walls I probably wouldn't want them
either.  But just because I've no real desire for pitchforks & Queen's hats
in bulk, let alone train or town bits, it doesn't mean I'm going to go
around wishing they weren't made, possibly influencing Lego in the process.
But then, I've always taken the 'play well' line to heart.

Kevin, still waiting for someone to unload those excess walls on him.