 Castle / 8857
Re: July surprise for castle fans!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 14:18:56 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:
Ok, I know this thread has been beaten into the ground, but I have to say this
one thing.  According to Jimmy, he says that there will be something added to
the S@H catalog.  Some long requested wishes will soon be granted.  Well, I
don't know about the rest of you castle heads, but I know what this wish is.
What could it be praytell?  Well, we wish for accessory packs.  But this is
not what we're going to get.  You see, most of the accessory pack pieces, I
would bet, have had their molds moth balled.  For instance, the forestman
hats and the grille helms that I'm so desperately after.  The old armor too,
I would bet has had it's mold moth balled.  Because, as I have read in posts
in the .S@H category of lugnet, S@H is only given what the main office wants
them to get, S@H has no ability to actually make parts.  So, what is left?

Well, I'm not sure that this means that it's only the S@H dept. that's doing
this, although it could be. My guess is that it's one of three things:
- Accessory pack w/ Kinghts' Kingdom equipment
- Bulk ordering for castle parts
- Something along the lines of the custom train-- a custom colored castle
guard house or something

A traditional accessory pack? Yeah, that'd be ok. I'd buy a few. Nothing
spectacular though, unless they include something like the 'old school' body
armor or something. If nothing else it'd be a good place to get some more
stock in the Knight's shields since they don't quite have enough for each
fig to carry one (unless you pick up a superflous amount of Royal Jousts)

Bulk ordering for castle parts? COULD be really cool. 1x5x6 Castle walls?
Eh. [shrug]. I can live without more. But that's definitely something that I
could see TLC offering. But what I *want* is something similar to the arch pack:

- 1x3x1 arch
- 1x4x1 arch
- 1x6x1 arch
- 1x6x2 arch
- 1x8x2 arch
- 1x5x3 arch
- 1x5x3 INVERSE arch!
- 1x12x3 arch
- 3x3 octagonal corner wall sections
- brown curved top doors (small size)
- black(brown!) flat-topped doors with vertical beams
- 1x2x2.5 round topped window

And of course ultimately I'd LOVE these to be offered in grey, dk. grey,
tan, and *white*. Black? Eh. I can easily live without black. The rest of my
castles can pretty much be built with the existing grey bricks bulk
packages. The only thing left being grey plates :) But hey, who isn't
already hoping for those?

As for the custom-colored set idea? I guess that'd be cool. If it's as good
of a design as the train design is, you can rest doubly assured that I'll be
picking these up!

DaveE