 Castle / 8784
Re: Most ever spent on Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 20:26:23 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
And I seem to remember an MISB 6086 going for over $250, but it's been taken
off Ebay's history apparently. Although there IS currently one available!
Wow, it's not often that you see one... it's only $66.00 now, but I bet an
hour before that auction finishes it'll be well over the $150 mark--
Although the seller is located in Germany, so that might make it a cheaper
auction >:) Oh well... If only I hadn't just spent my weekly Lego allowance
on those accessory packs! :)

DaveE

I've been watching that one (a different one?) that has 1 hour and 26
minutes to go as I type this, it's at $208, and it's in Germany, BUT....it
has PayPal (and you understand I'm only mentioning this because I'm cheap
and won't spend that much though one of these days I'll get one).

Huh-- I just don't see it for some reason, unless it's on a separate ebay
site? Searches for "6086" "lego castle" "black knights castle" "dungeon
masters" all came up nada for the one you're describing... But yeah, it's
certainly not unheard of to go that high for some of the rarer, bigger,
older sets. 'Course the only thing I'm missing off of my 6086 is the white
dragon side plumes for the 'white knight', but no longer thanks to those
5059 accessory packs! Woohoo!

DaveE