 Castle / 9071
Re: July surprise for castle fans!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 21:13:06 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard Marchetti writes:

Ah, so all we really have to consider is what Castle sets (or elements) meet
this criteria -- the one about the molds being available. I am going to take
another stab at guessing about this by suggesting that the July Surprise is
a re-release of either Guarded Inn, Maiden's Cart, or of the maiden hat
element itself in multiple colors thanks to its inclusion in 6091/6098 King
Leo's Castle. A close look at:
http://members.aol.com/blueofnoon/lego/gi/givariant.html or:
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6067/
will reveal that almost all of the elements, and therefore the molds, of
Guarded Inn are currently available (with the possible exception of the 2
high shutter).

Huh?  I haven't seen new sets with 80s style castle walls (straight or corner)
since Fright Knights (1997), and I thought the grille helmet and one-clip
saddle were discontinued a long time ago.  They could *update* the Guarded Inn,
but I don't know about being able to mold an exact reproduction.

TWS Garrison