 Castle / 8793
Re: Most ever spent on Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 22:13:15 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Frank Filz writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jimmy Park writes:
I dunno about you guys, but I am truly an addict.  Last week, my girlfriend
pointed out that I spend $1-2K on Lego per month and I thought I had really
curbed my appetite for the stuff.  Back when you could find more older sets,
there were days I'd spend $3-$5K.  The most I've ever spent in one day is
$18K to buy out most of one person's collection.  But technically, I am
paying this off monthly.

You need to total up the size of your collection. You are either way over
paying, or you have one of the larger collections.

I wouldn't say I'm overspending.  I generally get pretty good deals on the
stuff I do get.

As to total size of my collection. . . well, I haven't met physically meet
anyone with a bigger collection, but I hear stories of some people.  When
you get to a certain point, it's a full time job to keep track of how much
you really have.  I do keep track of my instructions collection.  And I do
keep track of the number of minifigs I have.  (Right now, I'm nearly 7,000
minifigs with about 3,000 of them being castle.  Most of the Lugola people
saw the castle figs a couple of months ago.)

Everything else is in 66 quart tubs, storage boxes, or even garbage bags.  I
don't have the room to store it all let alone sort.

Jimmy