 Castle / 8872
Re: July surprise for castle fans!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 18:48:06 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.castle, James Brown writes:
Adding my voice to the fray...

The last thing I need is more castle walls to dump in a rubbermaid tub and
ignore.

Yeah, same here. I don't ignore them completely, but I certainly don't have
a need for more than, say, 50 of them, which I already have by a long shot.

You know what I really love about the Bulk Brick packs from Lego?  You don't
have to buy something if you don't want to!  Imagine that!  Finally, the
pieces are being made available to the people who want them, in the amounts
they want!  Isn't that beautiful?  So if (horror of horrors) Lego actually
recognizes the demand for large numbers of (for example) castle walls as
evidenced on ebay, and makes them available in, say, a 20 pack for $8, you
STILL won't have to start filling tubs with them!  Really!

Kevin, who is accepting any and all donations of these horrible space
consuming castle walls.  Email me for my addy!

Bricks, plates, slopes & arches in a variety of colors (preferably "muted"
colors like grey, dk grey, tan & brown) are what will make me happy.  After
those show up in quantity, then I can start wanting doors & windows and
other specialized bits.

Hear hear! Although I have to say I need more doors-- especially the "old"
doors like in 6067, 6080, 6062, etc-- the rectangular doors with vertical
"boards"... Was the last time these were available in the Wild West stuff?

I need more castle walls like I need more BURPs.

Actually, I still kinda like BURPs for some things... They're great rock
filler and can save you some bricks when making a big mountain or
something-- although I don't really like using BURPs side by side and
stacked, etc. I just like 'em at random intervals thrown into a mountain,
and slightly covered in some parts...

DaveE