 Castle / 8839
8838  |  8840
Subject:
My LOTR minifigs, (was Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 13:43:45 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bill Jackson writes:
As some of you might know, I just came out of my Dark Ages.  As my post-Dark
Ages masterpiece, I'm going to build a replica of J.R.R Tolkien's Middle
Earth, very very microfig-style.  However, I want to build Barad-Dur
(Sauron's MASSIVE tower in Mordor) and Rivendell (Elrond's home in Mirkwood)
in minifig-style.  I'd like to know how some of you would handle recreating
Middle Earth's races with LEGO minifigs.  Here's some of my ideas:

I have a first draft of my LOTR figures that I took pictures of last night.
Maybe you can use some of the ideas.

The 9 walkers in Hollin, with Legolas looking ahead with his keen elf eyes,
and Gandalf and Aragorn leading Frodo, Sam and Bill.
http://www.frontiernet.net/~ghaberbe/9walk1.jpg

The rest of the walkers, Merry, Pippin, Gimli and Boromir.
http://www.frontiernet.net/~ghaberbe/9walk2.jpg

A close-up of Gandalf and Aragorn. Gandalf needs a better staff.
http://www.frontiernet.net/~ghaberbe/9walk3.jpg

Sam, Frodo and Bill. I'm not sure if the Shire had overalls, but if they
did, Sam would wear them.
http://www.frontiernet.net/~ghaberbe/9walk4.jpg

Legolas and Gimli.
http://www.frontiernet.net/~ghaberbe/9walk5.jpg

Merry, Boromir and Pippin. Boromir has the Lion of Denethor on his shield,
an impressive Lion in most kingdoms, but it pales besides the Lion of
Elendil. 10 time 10 generations of stewardship would not suffice to raise
the Lion of Denethor to the kingship in Gondor.
http://www.frontiernet.net/~ghaberbe/9walk6.jpg

This is a rough draft, and I think I can improve a few of the minifigs.

George