 Castle / 8845
Re: what's the demand for chrome?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 20:51:49 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.castle, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
A whole batch of the Chrome Knights 4816,7,8,9) has just suddenly appeared
in some UK stores.
Is there still demand, or has everyone stocked up when they could?

In the U.S. these items are supposedly readily available from Shop@Home at
full retail price plus shipping. I bought several boxes worth, enough to
make 4 complete chrome warriors at a KB Toy Liquidators for BOGO 50%.  Then
I went back the next day and bought several more of just the black castle
visor set at the same price.  Unless one is buying for the chrome, there
isn't much bang for the buck...still, I was pleased to get my 16-20 sets.
I'd buy more at deep discount, but not otherwise.

Personally, I find the sets disappointing for a variety of reasons.  But the
main reason has to be the chrome printed bull shield -- for once they should
have opted for a standard-less shield that could be used universally by any
castle faction. Or maybe it could have been some cool standard of its own --
but bulls? Blech!  And they SO missed the opportunity to redo the Maiden
Cart with the black steeple headdress element...

...I am still refusing to purchase the largest KK set, King Leo's Castle.  I
think it just sucks too much to bother with unless they drop the price to
around $40 USD or so.

Glad someone else feels that set isn't worth $80.00.  I want the black hat
too, but not for that price.  All the other rare elements (flags, banners) I
picked up on Brickbay dirt cheap (less then a buck for all the flags and
'sail' back castle wall).

Let's see some cool castles roll out next time that actually have elements
worth building with.