 Castle / 2300 (+100)
  Re: the Balladeers of Castle World

(...) get (...) might want to make the silver swords a mystical one of a kind artifact, while others (me) have all of the ones they own in the employ of a certain race or group of characters. I say that the Grimoire be only filled with spells, (...) (25 years ago, 6-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: the Balladeers of Castle World

(...) get (...) might want to make the silver swords a mystical one of a kind artifact, while others (me) have all of the ones they own in the employ of a certain race or group of characters. I say that the Grimoire be only filled with spells, (...) (25 years ago, 6-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: the Balladeers of Castle World

(...) Actually, Karl, I think the intent is to have many *different* kingdoms on the CW map, rather than have everyone operating in the same kingdom. Thus Nebachaned could be threatening your area of Castle World, while Arjan's Qaballah and Craig's (...) (25 years ago, 6-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: the Balladeers of Castle World

(...) Knights (...) as (...) AWWWWW, my story begins with the line : In a world of turmoil, a hero arises from the depths of nowhere to claim the power betsowed upon him. A power that will vanquish evil and reclaim the world! :)jk It is pretty nifty (...) (25 years ago, 6-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: the Balladeers of Castle World

(...) I think that the Grimoire wouldn't force anyone at all - just give some more- creative uses for the less-useful artifacts. For example, you might have an army of people all wearing bat-lord hats, and craig (for e.g.) cuts off the wings, but (...) (25 years ago, 6-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: the Balladeers of Castle World

(...) >> Kingdom sets, so Knights Kingdom figs could be the royalty. Someone (Pawel?) (...) yes, exactly. each balladeer will have complete authority in his/ her realm. interactivity will only work through the balladeer code of cooperation, courtesy (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: the Balladeers of Castle World

(...) Yeah, and for those of you who think Scar is evil (I've heard this around ;-), reread (or read for the first time) this: (URL) It's not her fault! (...) Funny that you mention this after I read Oedipus Rex in english class... Tragic flaw (like (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: the Balladeers of Castle World

(...) actually, just change "world" to "realm", and this is the beginning to a pretty awesome Castle World ballad! (...) hopefully soon! your character, Nebachaned, sounds great! i'm a FK fan, myself, and believe it's as important a part of the LEGO (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: the Balladeers of Castle World

(...) What I see happening is that someone's signature character will be an blacksmith (for example). Jason Catena's signature character is just that - a blacksmith. I think more weight should be given to that since it's his sig. Following this, (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: the Balladeers of Castle World

(...) Cool! So a wizard and a blacksmith can work together and create Magical stuff ;-) (...) Should we send you the minifigs now, or will that have to wait? That sounds really awesome, Cleo and Marck won't miss it ;-) (...) Well, I can't wait for (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: the Balladeers of Castle World

(...) Yes. And I think the more and longer you have to work for it the sweeter it will be. I think people will only realize the potential of this after a few Quests or Ballads. (...) Well ... Capitol City is far from being done. The grand opening of (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: the Balladeers of Castle World

(...) That's part of the fun - there's so much stuff to find out and discover! (...) OK, LUK. (Let Us Know ;-) (...) Oooh yeah! (Craig's the MAN: vote Craig for president ;-) -Shiri (URL) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Verneer Chronicles Chapter outline ...

I didn't know where to post this, but I thought that I would mention what will happen in the next few chapters (which I will get cracking on as soon as past business is taken care of). This is a general outline for right now. The chapters will be in (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Verneer Chronicles Chapter outline ...

Wow Pawel! That sounds awesome, I'm looking forward to see all that! I'd love to send you a character or two that will get involved in your storyline! (I'm inspired by your idea about "chapter in the past"; I was thinking of explaining the past with (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  New Pics: the Mad Mage Cornelius

(Yeah, I know what you're thinking...what the heck is Jeff thinking, crossposting to .castle and .build.mecha? It's not my fault! *He* made me do it! He threatened me with a wrench! OK, the wrench was ABS plastic and about an inch long, but (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Verneer Chronicles Chapter outline ...

(...) IMHO all it takes is just having your picture in gray. Ex: (URL) think that's pretty understood as "the past ... " Anyhow - I hope to pull a few tricks like that in the next few chapters ... (if you can call that a "trick";) -- pn (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Pics: the Mad Mage Cornelius

Geez ... I love it! That reminds me of : 1) The iron giant ... 2) Something that the Smurfs would make that would go out of control. Ha ha ... that is so pure and fascinating! A mad inventor ... This opens up the window for so many awesome projects (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: New Pics: the Mad Mage Cornelius

(...) jeff ~ castle-mecha!! awesome build!! i especialy enjoyed the interview with the good doctor! what a character! i love the use of technology as another form of majick ~ so true! cornelius's hot temper, thick accent and clever mix-n-match (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: New Pics: the Mad Mage Cornelius

(...) ... which also begs the question: Does the Mecha classify as a "structure" ... ? -- pn (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Pics: the Mad Mage Cornelius

Way cool, Jeff! I like your ideas, and there's no better accent for a mad inventor than german ;-) I was LOL throughout the interview! Dear Cornelius: Bai mir, bistu shein, bai mir, ostokhain.... (Just some german/yiddish fun! I performed this song (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Verneer Chronicles Chapter outline ...

(...) I like that, but my "past" is very much color-dependent, so I'll have to use colors... otherwise, what's the point of asking for a green mage hat from Michael Ulring? :-) I might use that for very old past, tho ;-) -Shiri (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Pics: the Mad Mage Cornelius

(...) ..or creature? what is uru, mephisto's majickal robot hench-man er.. hench-thing? perhaps "vehicles" should be added to the catelogue, especially with CW fleets on the proverbial horizon. my goblin boy character has his swamp scooter, which is (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Pics: the Mad Mage Cornelius

(...) Cool. That mech reminds me of an anime compilation called 'Robot Circus' or 'Robot Carnival,' can't remember which. Anyway, in one bit, there's a war in a old-days Japanese city between two giant wooden mechs. One is steam powered, and the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: New Pics: the Mad Mage Cornelius

(...) Thanks! I was hoping it was understandable, especially to people who weren't native speakers of English. I actually wrote Cornelius' dialogue in normal English and ran it through Altavista's translator to German and back. Then I gave it the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Pics: the Mad Mage Cornelius

It was 'Robot Carnival'. And I have to agree with the resemblance! 8) Great job, Jeff! Ben Ben Vaughan buster@marsbase.com (URL) few, the proud...the plastic. "Colin R Gutierrez" <crg0194@ultra.ccp.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: A mill?

Here is a decent image of a Water wheel. (URL) at image 17. -Nick David Eaton wrote in message ... (...) <snip> (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Mess up in spotlight

(...) Does this mean that Lego might want us to rename Castle World? Or are we in good shape as long as we don't call it "Lego Castle World" ... ? It would probably be good to know ... -- pn (URL) - the unofficial and "Castle World" ... (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Pics: the Mad Mage Cornelius

(...) That's a great idea! Being a billingual/ESLer, I can tell you that it is often like that, in both ways: not only do the "emotional" words have many translations, but also when people get ticked off they have a hard time to find the right (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  "Lego Castle World" (Was: Re: Mess up in spotlight)

(...) Heh. On the up side, maybe the developers of Lego Castle are actually paying attention to Castle World, and that was a slip-up. On the down side, maybe they're just paying attention to spot copyright violations, and "Lego Castle World" is an (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2 Characters, A House, and my updated Church are on line.

Hey Eric! I somehow missed the house part of this post (d'oh!) and only noticed it now. I like it a lot! The "details" in the roof are really innovative (IMO) and I like the way the chimney is built. One more thing: I could never find a door that (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: the Balladeers of Castle World

(...) <snip> (...) tells;) (...) ;-) (...) natural leadership skills or the fact that i know more than i tell? or is it just because i'm the "man"? scary. euh... do i get an intern? ;-) later ~ craig~ (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2 Characters, A House, and my updated Church are on line.

(...) Thanks Shiri, I hope there are more coming but I think as Dave E. mentioned in his posts about his houses these things just eat up 1x1 black bricks and 1xX black plates so it is mostly a supply thing. I might have to try and come up with a (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Craig for president!

(...) Don't ask me, I'm just your advertising manager ;-) I don't care what I sell, as long as I sell it ;-) (...) All of the above? (...) Boo-ha-ha ha!!! (...) I'll volunteer... I'm learning from the master already! :-) FUT .fun -Shiri (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: New Pics: the Mad Mage Cornelius

Great work Jeff! Excellent model. And the whole idea of this mad Zjerman professor is just brilliantly insane! Hilarious! By the way, are you into Warhammer 40K perhaps? Your robot reminds me a lot of the Ork Dreadnaughts (or any other Orky built (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.mecha)

  [CW] More new pics: Sain and Batu

In my MOC section, the first two pages of The Adventures of Sain and Batu. At least, a 'rough draft' of them. I plan on fancying them up and making them look much nicer, but the pics and the preliminary work is there. LMK what you think. [Pawel, I (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] More new pics ... and guns in CW

(...) ... sounds good. Will you "fancy him up" before I put him on the page, or should I just use this one? I liked your commentary (first person view is always fun) as well as your photography). I see that you used the gungan creatures well (I (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] More new pics ... and guns in CW

(...) -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] More new pics ... and guns in CW

(...) "where" ... We have yet to figure out the perfect method of keeping up with time, so I guess this will give us something to think about ... -- pn (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] More new pics ... and guns in CW

(...) This one will be fine. Use the second picture and just clip out Sain - I don't think there's much I'd be doing to that anyway. Most of the 'fancying' will be in making the page look nicer - maybe a few minor things on the pics themselves. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] More new pics ... and guns in CW

(...) But what is 'historical' for Castle World? It's not our own world. Historically, there's no real magic, either....but we use it in CW. CW, as I understand it, is not tied to a particular time of history but rather to a 'feel' - and that feel (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] More new pics ... and guns in CW

(...) <snip> (...) Make that *three* ballads. I forgot to consider that the person would need also need to get the design of the gun from somewhere - either from seeing it in use, or somehow finding a 'blueprint', or getting the design from the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  [CW] Too many wizards???

In a message in another thread, someone made a comment that we should not have too many mages/wizards in our armies. Unfortunately, in the "army" (actually, population) that I'm building, I've already got a dozen or so wizards, most of them "bad (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Too many wizards???

(...) I guess personally I don't have a problem with this. In my view Castle World is a place to consolidate all our creations into one place and create stories which cross one or more kingdom's. I personally will probably only have one maybe 2 (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] More new pics: Sain and Batu

Jeff, This looks cool as did the Cornelius stuff. Sorry I have not said so before I have been under the weather and havn't been checking up on LUGNET much for the last 4 or 5 days. Anyway it is great stuff. Storytelling ain't my bag baby but with (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Too many wizards???

In lugnet.castle, Franklin W. Cain writes: The title of this thread reminds me of the excellent novel, _Too Many Magicians_ by Randall Garrett (I think). It's a classic 'locked-room' murder mystery with a twist - it happens in a world where magic (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Too many wizards???

(...) I see nothing wrong with having lots of wizards. I've got a pretty good number myself, around 12. I think it is just a matter of personal preference. (...) As do I. I think I am up to about a dozen of them, also. I'm considering having an (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] More new pics ... and guns in CW

(...) Well, my turn to take a crack at this subject... I have been working and reworking a Ninja theme project for about a year, ever anticipating CW to appear. Luckily for me, my Fortress design allows me to switch from standard medieval implements (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Too many wizards???

(...) Which is why people can turn down Battle requests and can come up with a mutually beneficial outcome. :) (...) I'd say the more wizards you have, the less powerful the average wizards are. I would not bar powerful leader mages, though. Jeff (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] More new pics ... and guns in CW

(...) FTR, I have a squad of Musketeers. While I don't plan on having any more than that, I do plan on having a couple cannons, but these will be the inventions of the "wizards" who call themselves Engineers. ;) I plan to equip one Airship with (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle World Mapping Guide (beta)

Here is the preliminary version of the mapping guide/key for Castle World (or any other world for that matter). Castle World Maps: Key and Standards (beta version): by Tim Coats (meant for actually building the map in Lego, or in POVRay) Scales: (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] More new pics ... and guns in CW

(...) I use cannons too. Admittedly, I use cannons as anti-personnel rather than anti-structure, as with most seige equipment I build. Of course, that's because of the rules(1) I use - anything anti-structure has to be able to damage buildings (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle World Mapping Guide (beta)

Neat! Now all we need to do is convince TLC that this is neat also, and sell a map making kit with a decent variety of plates in all the colors... "Wow, you must be planning a really big map." "No, it's just the best way to get a bunch of plates in (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] More new pics: Sain and Batu

(...) Looks great! I can't wait to see their history, how Sain got his 'majickal weapon', and what is the debt that Batu has to Sain... Like Pawel, I like the first-person story. I plan to do at least one or two "chapters" like that (the chapters in (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Too many wizards???

(...) Yep.. I think this is probably the best thing about castle world... If I post an army of 550,000 mephisto-equivalents all with dragon steeds and each with his own magical mech and pistol, I'm still no more powerful than anyone else, because (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] More new pics ... and guns in CW

Jeff, I totally agree. I see Jonathan's point but I think that CW is not a chronological world like ours. "History" in it is not neccessarily like ours. (This is sort of like people thinking that no life as we know it is possible on, say, Jupiter. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] More new pics ... and guns in CW

(...) My blacksmith (Atsidi) learned how to (create? and) care for firearms during his years of sea travelling. He have learned firsthand how destructive, opportunistic, and dishonorable they are, and take that knowledge into his own practice of (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  I just wanna see pictures....

I think it's great that Castle newsgroup finally got daily posts on something other than new sets.. I think the CW site is a great idea... My principle interest initially is to view other people's creations while building (and trying to post (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  TCS is top notch!

I just got home from work to find a package from TCS on my doorstep. I ordered a large quantity of 4811 Defense Archer - and they (Crispin and Steph) were wonderfully accomodating. They even added a Fright Knight polybag for free! The 4811's were (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle)

  Found 6093 at Walmart for $39.00

The Walmart near work (I'm in Columbus, Ohio) has about 6 of these left at the $39 clearance price. I AM willing to buy these for people, but I prefer to open the box and just send the bags of pieces with instructions so that I can use the freebie (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle)

  Re: I just wanna see pictures....

(...) [...changing order of stuff...] (...) [...] (...) Mine too, and so is my project far from complete as well. I think many people feel that way, and started their creations now as Castle World began (well, aside from Pawel and Eric for (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  (CW) Realm Scale

hi y'all ~ at this point, i'm proposing scale for realms. as each realm is a square on a grid, picture that square divided 16 x16. each of these squares equals a 32x32 baseplate. does this sound good to everyone? :-) we can thank m. uring for the (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) Sounds good to me, although quite big for my humble (and tiny) collection ;-) I think you might have meant 4x4 squares, for a total of 16 baseplates? And *not* 16x16 for a total of 256 baseplates? I'm sure that even for the people out there (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Could I get and island in CW?

Pawel...could I reserve the smallest island off the coast of the big island in Legocean? Alan This message's random set is: 6984, www.lugnet.com/pause...query=6984 (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) Ummm... so one realm is 16 32x32 baseplates across? ie, 512 studs? This is *really* tiny! My castle, which is 80x80 studs, is 15% of my realm!! Consider the fact that I eventually plan to build a town around it, and big one to boot, I could (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) Each relm has 16x16 32x32 baseplates. Which is 512 by 512 studs, so 262,144 studs. Your castle is 80x80 studs which would make it 6,400 studs. So your castle is effectively less than 2% of the realm. Once you fill it up, we'll give you (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) Hmm... From the way a lot of people are talking, I get the impression that folk are going to be building complete structures and leaving them up. I have a couple of minor problems with that - space and number of bricks. I don't have near (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] More new pics ... and guns in CW

(...) I was even thinking rarer than this. Here's the idea I had: Cornelius came up with the idea after hearing about the 'explosive alchemical powder' that someone had developed. He sent his idea to a bunch of other wizards, who basically laughed (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) right! but it should be fill it up, and you "earn"another one. a realm need not be filled with structures, tho'. one may want an isolated structure or small villlage surrounded by forest. chronicling four ballads essentially "fills" a realm, (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) Consider (...) boot, (...) mountains (...) Okay, I screwed up my math, I only calculated it one dimensionally. ;) However, it is *still* pretty small. You can see my map sketch here: (URL) These countries are many hundreds of miles across. As (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) I don't know about other folks, but my stuff comes apart when I'm done. I'll take multiple pictures of it, and record cool design points I ran across in the building of it, but when it's done, it comes apart. If people want to invade it later, (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) Me too. I know some people have really big stuff, but I'm not one of them. I don't even have that many baseplates. Geez, I never realized people have *such* big collections. Jeff S.'s castle is 80x80... Mike Ulring's is a full 512x512?!?! I (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) Hmm. That's a much smaller scale than I was thinking it would be. I was thinking of realms more in terms of "miles" than in studs...I assumed more of a map scale, where a city would be represented by a dot... in this scale, I can easily see a (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Could I get and island in CW?

(...) alan ~ you will be delighted with the wide selection of small to medium size legocean islands that will be availlable in the "CW real estate showroom". they come in a variety of shapes and colors denoting various textures. (wooded, sandy, (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Could I get and island in CW?

(...) in (...) Great! I need at least a small island or two... (I'm hoping to trade for some Island baseplates. Anyone up to it?) and a maybe a few streams... but can we really choose *everything* in the realm? Will adjoining realms be similar at (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) But why do I have to build each and every structure/area involved in my realm? It feels like Castle World is turning into a contest, and I thought this was supposed to be a collection of castle-related objects. I also don't have the time and (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) long shots! my first two structures have long since been sorted back into the collective! for the red dragon fortress, mephisto's lair, it provides a great oportunity to rebuild/ re-design, bigger and badder than before. (c'mon pawell ~ go (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale -much clearer now!

(...) <snip> (...) Thanks, Jeff, for clarifying the realm scale for me through this post. (I catch on really fast when people explain to me slowly ;-) In such a case where a realm is a pretty big part of the country I would agree that 512x512 studs (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) time (...) I think you misunderstood Craig here. Notice this line, quoted: "a realm need not be filled with structures, tho'. one may want an isolated structure or small villlage surrounded by forest. chronicling four ballads essentially (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) From my preliminary talks with Craig, no two realms can touch side by side - only on the corners. So: XOXOX OSOXO XOXOX If S is Shiri's Realm, then there are four other realms touching it - at the four corners. The four realms on the sides are (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

Hi Pawel and Craig. There seems to be huge confusion here as to the size of the realms. I suggest you talk about this in greater detail, since many people are not quite sure about "filling up a realm", and whether a realm is a full sized country or (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) I got that. What I meant was that I can't say "There is a Keep in the hills nearby, and they are sending these evil monsters to attack my army." (...) Does my history count? If so, I have the makings for a very large area right there. (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) eek! i hope not. Castle World, in pawel's original inception, is a site to collect and archive original lego creations in a castle theme. these creations are described as models, characters, stories. although things have snowballed fast and (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  My Map

For those who want to see it, here is a sketch of what the Kingdom of Dragonia looks like, including the three major Provinces. (URL) This is the kind of map I'd like to see for Castle World. Small scale, with enough room to place any creation (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Map

(...) Yup. That's much more the kind of scale I was thinking, too. James (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) thank you, shiri! i was just coming to post, hopefuly, just such a thing. aaarrrghhh! posts are coming in so fast, can't respond to them all! the last thing i wanted to do was Castle World into "Castle WHIRLED"! please read the posts i've made (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) realm being 512 by 512, I thought that was 512 32x32 baseplates by 512 32x32 baseplates, not 16 32x32 baseplates by 16 32x32 baseplates. This would be several orders of magnitude more space, and more realistically represent continent-sized (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) yes, sort of another spoiler, then. what better field of play than a chessboard? every other square is a realm. all realms are connected on a diagonal. (also the routes used for RDP's!) the in between squares are NB, standing for Natural (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

Craig, I'm sure I speak for the rest of us when I say that we all greatly appreciate the work you're doing with Castle World: the time and thought you're putting into this is one of the concrete reasons this will work out at all. I believe that (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

In lugnet.castle, Craig Hamilton writes: the in between squares are NB, standing for Natural Boundary/ (...) It also makes it work a lot like a game of Go. (...) Hey, who said the lives of Gods were easy? :P (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) thank you, so much, jason! this is the perfect reasoning we need. if you look back into the original CW posts, pawel originally mentioned mapping the world on a grid of 4x4, to which shiri responded 4x4 _what_? what indeed. it doesn't matter. (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) er.. i take this back. it seems not ludicrous at all, anymore. i'm all for 128x128 now. 8-P ~ c~ (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  thanks, todd!

i just wanted to publicly thank todd for the flattering addition of the Castle World link to the .castle group links and resource section. i've often wondered what the early days of lugnet were like. i've even managed to dig up some pretty old (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Map

(...) excellent! please leave this up for a while so i can refer to it. rather than one realm, however, consider this spread over several realms, making it proportionatly the size of the country it needs to be. the realms really won't be that (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) Let's say I wanted a sprawling castle, but I don't have enough bricks to build it. I could build a non-minifig scaled structure, and then use sets for the inside, yes? (...) I guess my point was that a model shouldn't *have* to be a structure. (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) sets ARE models, without a doubt. a perfect solution for those of us with smaller colections, but also an invaluable balladeer tool. i'm a big fan of the set aproach. it's perfect for relating ballads that occur in the non structure areas of a (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) I think that every time I ask a question I get more confused. I'm just ging to keep going with what I'm doing and figure out how to fit it in later. Or if it doesn't, oh well. J (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Map Scale, Realms, etc.

It sounds like a lot of people are really confused by the whole 'realms' and map sections thing. I've got a suggestion, and I think that it will make stuff a lot easier - and I hope it will make people happy. To do this I have to question a basic (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Map Scale, Realms, etc.

(...) <snipped bits> (...) <snipped more bits> (...) An excellent suggestion. James (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Realm Size, CW Map Guide (beta 2)

Check this idea out. I think I have figured out a whole new set of measurements for CW. Castle World Maps: Key and Standards (beta 2 version): Scales: Global: 1 stud = 1024 Ks = 1 Ms (32x32x32x32) = 297.83 miles/stud, 1 plate thickness = 10 Kp (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) I'm sure you are, Jason! Craig and Pawel are working 24, 7 (well, almost) and I know it's gonna work out great! Even if we get some rocky points, I'm 100% assured that it's only because we're heading toward a mountain, and that eventually (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact