 Castle / 2377
Re: (CW) Realm Scale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 04:40:51 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.castle, Craig Hamilton writes:
right! but it should be fill it up, and you "earn"another one.  a realm
need not be filled with structures, tho'. one may want an isolated structure
or small villlage surrounded by forest.  chronicling four ballads
essentially "fills" a realm, earning another one. you can add adjoining
realms to increase your "kingdom". (or whatever we end up calling a grouping
of regional realms) or you can scatter many realms across the world.

But why do I have to build each and every structure/area involved in my realm?
It feels like Castle World is turning into a contest, and I thought this was
supposed to be a collection of castle-related objects.  I also don't have the
time and pieces to "fill up" a realm.  It would also mean I'd have to
completely re-write my History, and I am loath to do that, considering the • time
I put into it.

I think you misunderstood Craig here. Notice this line, quoted:
"a realm
need not be filled with structures, tho'. one may want an isolated structure
or small villlage surrounded by forest.  chronicling four ballads
essentially "fills" a realm, earning another one."

Read this carefully and you'll see what he's saying - to earn another realm
you can EITHER fill it up OR write four ballads (stories).

put your castle in a realm located in an area suiting your general
geographic desires. (rivers, mountains,etc) once three ballads are archived
there, choose one of the adjoining realms for your village.

What happens if people have realms completely surrounding me, and I need to
expand?

I was wondering about that too.

once that one has four stories, choose another for outposts. go on and on,
and
you could form a country if you like!

Um...  I *already* have a country.  In fact, this country was once *three*
different countries.  See the History of Dragonia for more information.

I thought creating countries was the idea?  Otherwise, what is the point of
having a King if he has no kingdom?

I think he meant an even *bigger* country, expand, etc.

HTH

-Shiri