 Castle / 2367
Re: (CW) Realm Scale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 03:33:12 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:

Ummm...  so one realm is 16 32x32 baseplates across?  ie, 512 studs?  This is
*really* tiny!  My castle, which is 80x80 studs, is 15% of my realm!!  Consider
the fact that I eventually plan to build a town around it, and big one to boot,
I could see my capital city taking up 60-80% of the realm!  Where will my
numerous villages, massive river, sprawling forest, and cloud-topping mountains
fit in?  I'd much rather see no real scale, or a scale in the miles range.
Unless, of course, you be willing to make my realm a couple hundred "realms"
wide...  ;)

Each relm has 16x16 32x32 baseplates.  Which is 512 by 512 studs, so 262,144
studs.  Your castle is 80x80 studs which would make it 6,400
studs.  So your castle is effectively less than 2% of the realm.  Once you
fill it up, we'll give you another one;)

-- pn

  right! but it should be fill it up, and you "earn"another one.  a realm
need not be filled with structures, tho'. one may want an isolated structure
or small villlage surrounded by forest.  chronicling four ballads
essentially "fills" a realm, earning another one. you can add adjoining
realms to increase your "kingdom". (or whatever we end up calling a grouping
of regional realms) or you can scatter many realms across the world.

  put your castle in a realm located in an area suiting your general
geographic desires. (rivers, mountains,etc) once three ballads are archived
there, choose one of the adjoining realms for your village. once that one
has four stories, choose another for outposts. go on and on, and you could
form a country if you like!

  later ~ craig~