 Castle / 2368
Re: (CW) Realm Scale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 03:45:55 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:

Ummm...  so one realm is 16 32x32 baseplates across?  ie, 512 studs?  This is
*really* tiny!  My castle, which is 80x80 studs, is 15% of my realm!! • Consider
the fact that I eventually plan to build a town around it, and big one to • boot,
I could see my capital city taking up 60-80% of the realm!  Where will my
numerous villages, massive river, sprawling forest, and cloud-topping • mountains
fit in?  I'd much rather see no real scale, or a scale in the miles range.
Unless, of course, you be willing to make my realm a couple hundred "realms"
wide...  ;)

Each relm has 16x16 32x32 baseplates.  Which is 512 by 512 studs, so 262,144
studs.  Your castle is 80x80 studs which would make it 6,400
studs.  So your castle is effectively less than 2% of the realm.  Once you
fill it up, we'll give you another one;)

Okay, I screwed up my math, I only calculated it one dimensionally.  ;)
However, it is *still* pretty small.  You can see my map sketch here:
<http://members.xoom.com/aulddragon/map.htm>
These countries are many hundreds of miles across.  As it is, using the Star
Wars Sets' ratio, each realm is only about a fifth the size of Washington DC.
This just feels very small to me.  I didn't expect us to fully create our own
realms in our own homes.  I expected that we'd be creating scenes that would be
placed in specific areas in our realms.

Jeff