 Castle / 2360
2359  |  2361
Subject:
(CW) Realm Scale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 01:25:17 GMT

hi y'all ~

  at this point, i'm proposing scale for realms. as each realm is a square
on a grid, picture that square divided 16 x16. each of these squares equals
a 32x32 baseplate.

  does this sound good to everyone?  :-)

  we can thank m. uring for the generous space, as i thought a realm should
be large enough to accomidate the largest castle i've ever seen. (also
keeping 4x4 division; very important) of course, sea front realms may have
less land, and some realms may be suitable for just an outpost.

  these areas will be pretty much carte blanche under very general land
types and textures, for each balladeer to describe as he/ she sees fit.
(models and/or story text and/or timbo's pov-ray) small rivers or ponds (no
wider than 32 pegs) can be added if needed or desired.  structures can then
be placed anywhere within realms in accordance with the models' actual
"footprints".

  each realm can hold as many or as few structures as desired, but after
archiving four ballads, a realm should be totally described.

  i guess this an update on CW mapping progress. i have a very pressing
deadline with my "real" job, but this weekend looks free for me to work on
nothing but the map. (yay!)

  i apologize for keeping secretive about the map, but there are many
wonderful suprises that i don't want to ruin. pawel and i are also
coordinating massive amounts of data that go with it, so when the map is
finally revealed, we will all be able to move right in. (hopefully!)

  in the meantime, as john and shiri have pointed out, this is a good time
to generally prepare: think, plan, build, and write! i probably won't be
able to get back to my own ballads till after i'm done with the map, tho'.  ;_(

  later ~ craig~