 Castle / 2359
Re: I just wanna see pictures....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 23:59:10 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John Robert Blaze Kanehl writes:
I think it's great that Castle newsgroup finally got daily posts on
something other than new sets..

I think the CW site is a great idea...

[...changing order of stuff...]
I think interactivity is a great option, but it's a "cart before the horse"
thing to me...My project is far from complete currently... • [...]
My principle interest initially is to view other people's creations while
building (and trying to post pictures of) my own fortress.  I am interested
in the discussions of combining bricks in new ways and structures....I look
forward to the inspiration I can derive from other gifted creative/builders.

Mine too, and so is my project far from complete as well. I think many people
feel that way, and started their creations now as Castle World began (well,
aside from Pawel and Eric for example...) because it gave them new inspiration
and caused them to think and contribute. Personally I started thinking about
my Lion's Cove before CW started but it was very abstract. I was still
figuring out a storyline, characters, etc. CW gave me motivation to pick up on
this, and do something really worth it.
But the reason (IMO) why people don't post about new pics of their stuff, is
prolly because they don't have any yet. We're all in the same boat, trying to
finish our humble creations. (or not-so-humble, very great indeed, in cases
such as P.N., M.U., etc. But I won't mention any names ;-)

Anyhow, back to the point... If you have any pics - even preliminary if
possible. This allows people to: a. draw upon their own creations from your
ideas. b. give you feedback before you complete the creation - better since
you won't have to tear down a huge castle for some minor ideas.

I will probably
post a couple of sig characters soon to reserve a realm = )

Great!

I think the rest (rules/timelines, etc) will take care of itself in due
time...I recognize the need for some structure to start the process.  For
now, I will focus more on the creating and less on the debating...I really
can't play the game til I ante-up and have some cards to bet with = )

Again, I'm guessing many people are just like you and are waiting to finish
their creations before publishing. Set an example, show us some progress of
your creations, and others are bound to follow!

-Shiri
For reference, my Lion's Cove in progress.
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/lions_cove.html