 Castle / 2371
Re: (CW) Realm Scale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 03:56:22 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Craig Hamilton writes:
hi y'all ~

at this point, i'm proposing scale for realms. as each realm is a square
on a grid, picture that square divided 16 x16. each of these squares equals
a 32x32 baseplate.

does this sound good to everyone?  :-)

Hmm.  That's a much smaller scale than I was thinking it would be.  I was
thinking of realms more in terms of "miles" than in studs...I assumed more of a
map scale, where a city would be represented by a dot... in this scale, I can
easily see a city taking up half a realm or more.

My current project is a keep, not even a full castle, and it takes up 5x5
squares on that scale...If I want two big structures in my realm, they're going
to be rock-chucking distance!

Honestly, I'd really rethink that scale... 512 studs is only a couple hours
walk for a minifig!

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/