 Castle / 2393
Re: (CW) Realm Scale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 12:56:46 GMT

craig hamilton wrote:
  sets are great for storytelling, but shouldn't count as structures. that
should be a model.

Let's say I wanted a sprawling castle, but I don't have enough bricks to build
it.  I could build a non-minifig scaled structure, and then use sets for the
inside, yes?

  _models_, _characers_, and _stories_.

  the more fluidly one meshes the three, the better. don't just build sets
to tell stories, but use stories to show off the details of your models, and
introduce new creations.

I guess my point was that a model shouldn't *have* to be a structure.  There's
a different kind of building to do a 'set' but it's just as challenging -
perhaps even more so, because you have to give the impression of things that
aren't really there!

As for the other - well - I think I'm more excited about the storytelling
aspect of CW than I am about anything else, even the building.  Is there
going to be a place for me if I want to focus on that?  It sounds like you
want the focus to be on the building and the models, and the stories are just
secondary to that.

jeff should give cornelius his own realm! if
there's a ballad for each mecha he buids, 4 of these babies earn you a
realm. of course, a full model of ze goot docktor's labORatory vould <ahem>
~ would be required to claim that realm. please, build it, jeff! it would be
incredible!

Now I'm getting confused again.  I'd need the lab to claim the first realm, or
the next one?

As for the lab...I do plan to build it, but now I'm not sure if it would
count as a 'set' or a 'model' - it's located in a cave, and I certainly don't
have near enough bricks, or even BURPS, to make a mountain with a cave that
would hold the current creation, let alone the rest of his laboratory.  My
plans were to make the 'rear wall' of the cave, suggest the side walls, and
focus on the actual 'stuff' in the lab - and, of course, the interactions
between Cornelius and whoever else shows up. (Sain & Batu, in one case.)

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m