 Castle / 13700 (+100)
  I am back with a new MOC

(URL) yes anther one. It is called a the dog people secret fort. I borrowed the gate idea from the royal knights castle. It is not the same exact one but pretty close. Its like some sorta tunnel/cave. Kevin Hall inspired me to build it when he did (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LEGO STONE CIRCLE

Kev, I just looked through your new chapter and I really like the Stonehenge-like circle. My other favorite model is the round cottage with the yellow roof. I'm constantly amazed by the professional way your photos are spliced together with (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Itou's Castle (Re: Castle work by Takeshi Itou)

(...) But, but that means...he had to...take those beautiful creations apart:( (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Kingdom of Gatimrja - Chapter II

The next chapter in my castle story is up. You can see it at: (URL) accessible directly from the Updates section on the main page, or from the Stories page. As always, comments and criticism are appreciated. Let me know what you think. --William (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Itou's Castle (Re: Castle work by Takeshi Itou)

Hello again, Dalan. (...) Sure, I can have sympathy with you. It may be unbelievable for most of us. But he doesn't feel so much about this "tragedy" as we do. X-0 Incidentally, a half of works in his gallery were "rebuilt to take photographs" with (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Itou's Castle (Re: Castle work by Takeshi Itou)

(...) I guess for someone as talented as Itou, he can always recreate his work later so it is not a big deal to take it apart. If I were ever to, somehow, make something that wonderful, I would just leave it in place. Aaron Dalan (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Kingdom of Gatimrja - Chapter II

(...) Cool chapter. The best was with the spider. That was a great idea not to mention a cool spider. I also finally read chapter one. All and all bothe were great. (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Kingdom of Gatimrja - Chapter II

great story! excellent use of simple backgrounds! criticism: the whole thing about the prince. it pops up at the end of chap. 1 and ends shortly into chap. 2. hopefully this means its not a dead subplot, because i don't see where its going. also you (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I am back with a new MOC

(...) i find the pictures hard to understand. could you give us one at a 45 degree angle, slightly raised? i believe that is your typical MOC viewpoint, giving us a good over-all look at it. the photoshoped pic looks pretty good! (...) aside from (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ANDRASTAVIA/IKROS NEXT CHAPTER FINALLY HERE

excellent! beautiful! wonderful! it did feel a bit long, tho. but once again i am left in awe! (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle work by Takeshi Itou

I was surfing the new addition last night and saw these too. As everyone else has said, they are amazing, would recommend to anyone that hasn't to look at his website (URL) matter if you can't read japanese or even if your browser doen't support it, (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Waterfalls in MOCs

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I'm using BURPs for the main rock/cliff structure, but for the water itself I wanted to do something besides plain blue bricks. I've experimented with a lot of different clear bricks (and clear light blue), but I'm not (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle work by Takeshi Itou

Wow. Seriously wow. If its old news or not...wow. Incredible. (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Kingdom of Gatimrja - Chapter II

Thanks for the comments. Fear not, the Prince will return. I've gotten a lot of positive reactions to him, so I have no plans to cut him out of the story. Unfortunately, there are two more chapters before he comes back into the picture. Although, I (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I am back with a new MOC

Danny, The pictures are a bit hard to see, but it looks pretty cool from what I can tell. I really like the interior of the hall. It would make a really good banquet hall with a long table down the center. Keep up the good work. --William (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LEGO STONE CIRCLE

Kevin, First off, great chapter. The stone circle was, in fact, my favorite part. I heartily encourage you to build more ancient structures, as they're a favorite of mine (I think I build more ruins than I ever do whole buildings). I can't wait to (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Unleash the rage of the ocean

I have just uploaded the newest chapter of the Chronicles of Ikros. So I am proud to present to you: The Chronicles of Ikros Chapter 27 - The Deep Blue Sea PLMKWYT (URL) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Unleash the rage of the ocean

(...) Wow!!! That's awesome!! Two chapters in a week...I think we are getting very spoiled... ;) Nice job with the story line and very interesting direction in the plot... talk about another twist!! I still can't wait for a return of the horned (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  new calafrack chapter

After a realy long break I introduce chapter 2 of the cronicles of calverack Safe is the name of it (URL) I am re introducing chapter one attack. anthony you realy never replied to my post asking for griffin use in story. so read chapter one then 2 (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Unleash the rage of the ocean

(...) Nice very nice. I like how your story is progressng. The only thing I don't like is that I know what the three dragons are going to do by the next few chapter titales. but I have rilly enjoyed your story. Kevin W. § (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: new calafrack chapter

(...) Sorry i gave the wrong folder. So here a re the first two chapters to my story. (URL) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  What makes 375 a Legend? (Was: New legend is up ))Color Variants(()

[X-posted & FUT .castle] "Richard Noeckel" <Shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Gz401w.CG@lugnet.com... (...) Is it true that the original Yellow Castle was so appealing? This seems to be the concensus at LUGnet, but I remember (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: What makes 375 a Legend? (Was: New legend is up ))Color Variants(()

(...) Different timing in Europe and the U.S. In the U.S., Castle was introduced first in pictures in the 6000 Idea Book in 1979. All the kids I knew stared at the Castle pictures long after we had become familiar with our Space sets and so on. (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Yet another chapter

I know no one realy cares but I just put all my time into chapter 3 legend of the griffin. it is labled ch3. (URL) so enjoy it and look out for chapter 4 tommrow ps need colaborated chapter volenteer (22 years ago, 13-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: What makes 375 a Legend? (Was: New legend is up ))Color Variants(()

It seemed to me that the Yellow Castle came out a few years after the first Classic Space. I was very much into Classic Space when I was a kid, though I did look longingly at the new Castle sets when they came out. For me there are two reasons that (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

(...) Jeff, You mentioned the base will be one brick above a baseplate. You also mentioned you planned on making cobblestone roads using mosaic plates. Did you plan on the total thickness of the road being 4 plates or 3? I'm about to head upstairs (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Yet another chapter

(...) Dan, I downloaded ch3.doc and it comes up looking like a Word file, but my Word (Macintosh Word 98) says it's not a Word file. What is the file type? Bruce (22 years ago, 13-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

"Erik Olson" <erik@olson.pair.com> wrote in message news:Gz5rII.Hpo@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks, this fully explains my confusion. (On hindsight I could have found out myself had I compared US catalogs over this period with European ones.) (...) I (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

(...) A little status report: I'm close to finished my first building, a street, and some dock. The first building houses a gambling house/pub in the basement and a sailmaker above. The gambling house has a secret passage which goes under the street (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: What makes 375 a Legend? (Was: New legend is up ))Color Variants(()

"Bruce Hietbrink" <bnh@chem.ucla.edu> wrote in message news:Gz68os.7zK@lugnet.com... (...) Apparently the Yellow Castle was released in different years in the US and Europe. The timeline would be something like: '78 YC introduced in Europe. '79 (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Yet another chapter and onother/Ch4

(...) It is a Microsoft word file bruce. Although I want everyone to enjoy my chapters I don't know what to do maybe someone else douse. Ch4 is now avalible so you all can read it (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: What makes 375 a Legend?

Hello! (...) I've got very vague memorizations of the Yellow Castle. When it was initially released in 1978 I was just one year old. However, it was in catalogue until 1983 and probably in many stores still available one or two years later. But (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Yet another chapter and onother/Ch4

(...) If it is just a text file (in a word document), to make it more generally compatible, you need to make through Windows notepad. It will create the text file in a more universally recognized format... in .txt Benjamin Medinets (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Yet another chapter and onother/Ch4

(...) If you're already using MS Word, why not select FILE > SAVE AS HTML.... It won't be pretty HTML but it will be readable by both PC and Mac users. If you can upload a .doc file to Brickshelf, can you also upload a .html file? Then when someone (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Yet another chapter and onother/Ch4

(...) It is no t just text. Each chapter has pictures also fully edited mite I add. I know your thinking get a web page but it is to much trouble. (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Yet another chapter and onother/Ch4

(...) Its a shame, you don't have a Lugnet Account, so you can post your text to LUGNET and then DEEPLINK from Brickshelf like I do...it is soooooooo easy!!! (hint...hint: GET A LUGNET membership...only $10....if you can afford to go to Brickfest, (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Fall into dispair!

In the next week or so I shall be releasing a major update to my story and my website. What could this update contain? Oh, how about three large castle MOCs? And I think I'll throw in three chapters of story in too just for fun. Until then, fall (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

More status: Well, I stayed up way too late last night (I was up until about 3:30 AM). I still have another evening of work, but I now have three dock sections and the two roads between them. The structures include a warehouse (including a secret (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

(...) plots (...) Total road thickness is 3 plates. (...) Sounds good. Let me know soon whether you'll be wanting extra plots, though, as I have a backup plan for the unused dock sections. Jeff (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

(...) Sounds great! So you filled up all three 32x32 waterfront sections? Can't wait to see it. :) Jeff (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

(...) Hmmm, no chance of you covering the holes with furniture or crates or something? I would prefer if bricks with pins not used so we can make sure that everything will completely fit (pins will be supplied). If not, I suppose it will be okay (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  BrickZone - Interview with Kevin Hall (and more to come).

Greetings Earthlings... and any visiting Aliens ;) Some of you may have noticed on my site www.brickzine.com that there is/will be an interview section. The first interview will be done with AFOL Castle builder, Kevin Hall of Andrastavia Fame! As a (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.fun, lugnet.publish, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

(...) If I have time, I'll go back and change them out. One thing I'm curious is how you plan to lay out the roads since the intersections would nominally require 8x8 baseplates. Of course you could use 8x32 baseplates by having the rows take care (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

Oh, one more question, what is the status of the walls? Are we going to be butting the walls up against the town, or will be put some buffer space in (might be a good idea so we don't have to worry about overhanging roofs hitting the walls or (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

If possible, my vote would be to have buffer space, as Frank suggests. I think it would look better. -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> To: <lugnet.castle@lugnet.com> Sent: Monday, July 15, 2002 11:42 (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

There will be, we just haven't quite figured out how much it will be. :) Jeff (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

(...) How about one street surrounding the whole town? I probably should give the specs on what the edges of my sections look like, it may be worthwhile building special wall sections to abut my section. I probably don't have time to build them, (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Introducing Lion's Den...

After approx 6 months of on-and-off construction...(with a period of about 3 to 4 months of not doing very much with it) I present to everyone Lion's Den ... (MOC 2002). I started making this castle as a "replacement" to the Leo's Castle. Since (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle)

  Arkenon the Evil Wizard...

In June, I exchanged a minifig with Richard Noeckel at the monthly dinner at Mel's. I gave him a guarded inn archer for a custom minifig. Since then, I changed his face out for a Darth Maul face, and re-glued the horns on his head, which came off at (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fall into dispair!

(...) Kev..: ) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fall into dispair!

(...) The picture makes a great wallpaper!!!! :) I can't wait for another chapter... sounds insane!! ...all those pics!! It has taken nearly a month to come up with like 4 pics on my saga. (and in my illustrations, there is no editing...it is all (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Ozbricks Is selling Kevins MOCs

Dont know if any heard but ozbricks.com sells keven hall MOCs. (URL) In the shop gfo to the castle area and See. (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ozbricks Is selling Kevins MOCs

"daniel ravenda" <vendezzz@aol.com> wrote in message news:GzDCFI.Ay4@lugnet.com... (...) I assume these will be limited production runs of 1 :) I hope your not giving up on castle Kevin, just making space -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  parts for castle?

I'm looking for opinions on which sets are the best for parts for castle. Is 3739 or 10000 better? Pros and cons of each from a parts perspective? Are the Yoda or Liberty sculptures good for parts? Any other sets good for parts? thanks. (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: parts for castle?

its a toughie. depends what sort of things you are looking to build. If (like me) you are not adverse to using the 'prefab' castle wall pieces 10000 is your kit, it also has the advantage of supplying a greater number of minifigs to boost your army (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: parts for castle?

(...) I'd just look at what parts come with each and make up your mind based on your own needs. Blacksmith Shop: (URL) Inn: (URL) of Liberty: (URL) Garrison (URL) capital letters in address for direct reply. (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  chapter 6 is now written...(obviously no pictures yet...) :(

Hi, I spent an hour or two last night writing the next chapter in my saga. Here is the index of chapters: (URL) is listed under "Chapter 6" (for those who haven't read the story already, or want to see the update on the pics so far...which did a (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ozbricks Is selling Kevins MOCs

(...) if they are limited to one then they dont include minifigures ._. but please no one buy the big castle I realy want it. I know I cant take it away from you but I will be up a 5 am the day they relese them and get what ever I can afford. Dont (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ozbricks Is selling Kevins MOCs

(...) Hiya all.... OK, if your wondering about my MOCs on ozbricks, Yes, I'm going to be selling some Custom models.... There will be some one offs... and there will be some sets that will have a short production run...!!! So stay tuned to (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: parts for castle?

(...) Are (...) parts? Depends what colours you want ... The Liberty is superb parts set if you intend to build large sand-green castles, but I doubt most people want to do that. I think Yoda is a great set for parts as it has lots of tan and brown (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Brickmania #03 Country Mill (Dan Siskind custom model)

In lugnet.reviews, Kerry Raymond writes: [big snip of excellent review] (...) Not necessarily true: historically (I believe, but can't cite references immediately) it was illegal to grind one's own grain in many areas, so one had to take your large (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.castle)

  Brickfest here I come with castle, pirate, and train (sorry, no space - except for trade fodder)

I'm off to see the wizard.... I'm, on the verge of leaving to catch my flight (probably a little early, but I'd always rather be early than late). I am bringing (and it's amazing all of this fits into one large box, one large duffel, and my carry-on (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains.org)

  Determined through Fear - The End of Book III

Here's something to do for all you (like me) who won't be going to brickfest, as well as all you who haven't left yet. The Kingdom of Ikros is updated! So little to write, so much time to do it in.... Lets see... I guess I'll start with MOCs Visit (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.publish, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Determined through Fear - The End of Book III

(...) Bravo bravo. Good @$$ chapters and MOCS are cool as Hell. Suchs about tundruck but i knew swift strike wasnt a trator. all and all good job. ps I couldnt go to brickfest eather because of personal reasons (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: What makes 375 a Legend?

Hi Johannes, "Johannes Koehler" <chutspe@nexgo.de> wrote in message news:Gz7zxF.sC@lugnet.com... (...) That's also my feeling. I don't hate the Yellow Castle, I think it's a nice model, but not to the extent that I'm stunned by the design. Unlike (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: parts for castle?

Hi John, "John Morgan" <aeonapolloRemove@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GzE0vz.H8s@lugnet.com... (...) Depends on what you want to build. If you like European "traditional" style castles, 10000 contains useful (lt. grey and black) parts for you. (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Determined through Fear - The End of Book III

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes: SNIP (...) Anthony.... as usual.. the story is amazing...bit sad in some places The pix are brilliant... full of atmosphere.... Kev...: ) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Determined through Fear - The End of Book III

(...) Hi Anthony, Just finished reading the new chapters. I have to say bravo. The new MOCs were excellent and the story was top notch as usual. Always nice to see someone with the time, talent and commitment to keep something like your site going. (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Determined through Fear - The End of Book III

Mr. Sava, you continue to amaze and entertain the AFOL community! Keep up the good work, I look forward to your next update! ~Adam~ In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes: <<original message snipped>> (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Castles at legoland!

I have just come home from a trip to Germany and Denmark and of course I had to visit legoland ;) They have built some amazing castles, like Neuschwanstein and Reichsburg. (URL) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Anthony you owe me for this

Hi every one I just sent a letter to Lego concerning the new MOC line. I told them that they should publish anthony savas MOCS The dwarf castle mage knight school griffin and dire hawk. If they decide to contact anthony about this lets hope he lets (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Determined through Fear - The End of Book III

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes: (snipped) (...) I don't know whether to curse at you for killing Tundock or thank you for five chapters in less than a month. I like how you have given each of the dragons a distinct character. Your MOCs are (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Determined through Fear - The End of Book III

(...) Greetings all, I've been lurking about LUGNET since shortly after Anthony first posted about his saga, and have greatly enjoyed viewing all the thousands of MOCs that have passed before my eyes. I bought a membership a few weeks ago, and now (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anthony you owe me for this

(...) While I am flattered you took the time to do so, I'm afraid I don't think Lego will produce any of my MOCs. First of all, the Castle Arrandrall and the F'Rekkah Atoll are VERY big, far too big for lego to ever produce and make a profit. I (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Determined through Fear - The End of Book III

Ikros Ikros I think I can safely say that these new chapters meet to your high standards Anthony, Great work, (though I was sad to see Tundrock die, ::sniff:: ) Mark A Taylor (Elf) (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Itou's Castle (Re: Castle work by Takeshi Itou)

(...) Hello, again, or, as they say in Nihongo, Konichiwa, Larry-san. (It will be the death of me if these keys on my keyboard will not type!) I must concur that this a stunning site but the real treat is the creations themselves. Has this person (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Thanks to all the participants in the BrickFest Castle Room

I'd like to thank everyone who brought items to display in the Castle Room and helped make the walled town the great layout that it was. It was great to see all those excellent creations! All of the creations were fantastic, and I hope to see (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Thanks to all the participants in the BrickFest Castle Room

(...) Photos?!?!? Those of us who couldn't go are dying to see. Bruce (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Thanks to all the participants in the BrickFest Castle Room

Hi all, Let me echo Jeff's sentiments. The walled town looked great, and thanks especially to Troy Ceferati for buildig so many wall sections and towers. It was great to meet so many other people and see other people's stuff for real. You can't (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Thanks to all the participants in the BrickFest Castle Room

(...) Okay, I know I'm answering my own question, but I just found a bunch of photos in Troy's Brickshelf gallery: (URL) through this gallery, all I can say is: Wow! There is such great stuff there. I love the ship that has a Viking design but is (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

Hi everyone, Well for Brickfest this year I brought along a project that I have been working on since the Memorial Day weekend of this year. I am very pleased with the way it turned out. As I told everyone that asked, my inspiration came from (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build) !!

  RE: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) Holy cats! Or monkeys, or whatever the holy animal is.... I will attempt to ask questions as soon as my jaw comes up off the floor. Cheers, Ralph (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

Wow! I saw pictures of that in someone's gallery of Brickfest snapshots. That's really cool. It seems kind of Ankor Wat -y to me. Was that the ancient structure you were drawing on? Oh, one piece question. What is the clear colorless piece that is (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) That's easily the best alternate use of an element I saw in any MOC this year (and I was rolling over the fact that Stephen Roberts said the same thing in his message over at .events.brickfest). It was a truly stunning creation, and well (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) What Jim neglects to mention is that this won a trophy for best non castle structure at BF... There are a LOT of neat features in this model. My fave has got to be the fountains though. (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

WOW! Stunning... The details are exquisite, the overall structure is beautiful. Great job! (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) Wow...looks so good it could be mistaken for a spoiler pic for the new Indiana Jones 4 movie. Great techniques in all parts of the model. Love the authentic "ancient" look. I can hear the "hummmmmmmm" mantras now... Jeff (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) Thanks to both Bruce and Lindsay for their compliments. I too enjoyed Stephen's message, especially the very last award :) I must admit that I am surprised at the number of people who have commented on the fiber optics usage as streams of (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) See what happens when you try to post on limited sleep, you skip some important details. Thanks Larry for filling in the holes for me. The Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree won first place for the category of Non-Castle Moc in the castle room. Thanks (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) Ankor was just one of the structures that inspired me. I had originally intended to focus on one type of architecture because I was afraid that by trying to blend different types together, the project wouldn't look as good. But I found that as (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) turned out as good as yours, but I will continue to practice. Keep building, Jim F. (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) Thanks, Jeff. You have given me an idea about using Johnny Thunder and his adventures at the Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree. We will see where this goes now... Keep building, Jim F. (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) You got it right the first time. Since Lego has made few animals and animal type flags. I had to use the flags from the Knights line with the lion faces on them. So with that in mind, came the two cat statues that stand at the entrance. keep (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Thanks to all the participants in the BrickFest Castle Room

(...) I will throw a "Me too" here. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and getting to see all the Moc up close. The ideas and designs that were shared were truly inspiring. The walled town was an excellent idea and the execution of it went off (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Anybody ever made a full-scale sword?

Hey all, I made one over the weekend and it's come out really nice. All grey, dark gray, and black with some 1x1 trans round plates to make it look jeweled. It's almost four feet long. Right now I call it "The Black Leech." Hopefully, my digital (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Gnarlbark the Treant

I just thought I'd share with the lugnet community my latest creature MOC. It is a treant I call Gnarlbark. In case you don't know what a treant is, I'll quote from my officially official AD&D Monstrous Manual (which is where I get a lot of my (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general) !!

  Re: Gnarlbark the Treant

(...) forest and being attacked by one. Very cool veryy cool indeed. (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Gnarlbark the Treant

(...) Hmm...okay...well I'll have to say this looks more like a bandits fortress than a tree... Just a question, what is the "officially official" Ad&D manual anyway? Is it pertaining dungeons and dragons, or another of those never ending addictive (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) ..oli (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Gnarlbark the Treant

(...) In other words, these are Tolkien Ents, but TSR would have violated copyright if they'd named them that. Very cool MOC, Anthony. I'm going to link it from my Tolkien links page. Bruce (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact