 Castle / 13773
Re: Anthony you owe me for this
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 17:33:01 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Daniel Ravenda writes:
Hi every one I just sent a letter to Lego concerning the new MOC line. I
told them that they should publish anthony savas MOCS The dwarf castle mage
knight school griffin and dire hawk. If they decide to contact anthony about
this lets hope he  lets us know. I would love to have a MOC of his. So pray
they like one and maybe we will get some goodies this year.

While I am flattered you took the time to do so, I'm afraid I don't think Lego
will produce any of my MOCs.

First of all, the Castle Arrandrall and the F'Rekkah Atoll are VERY big, far
too big for lego to ever produce and make a profit.  I mean, take a look at the
big $100 sets that cap every themed product line.  They usually don't contain
more than 1000 pieces (someone correct me if I'm wrong) which keeps their size
down.   I'm no expert, and I have no insider information, but I've seen those
UCS ships in TRU, those two huge TIE fighter and X-wing star wars sets.  Every
time I've seen them there, they've been on massive sale cause big expensive
sets like those just don't sell well, at least as far as I can tell.

Secondly, my Griffon and Dire Hawk MOCs, while the right size for a release, at
least as far as I can tell, are far too specialized for one.  The Griffon and
Dire Hawk would be totally out of context for any of the current themes.  From
what I can tell the Blacksmith shop and the new Santa Fe cars were both theme
specific.  Both of my MOCs would need a more fantasy based (castle) theme
before it would find a home (like Lego releasing a LOTR or Ikros castle theme).

Lastly, all the content on my site has been copyrighted by me (as I am a very
possesive person).  I'm sure that discourages Lego.  Beyond that, it has been
said that Lego has bought outright the rights to the MOC creations to produce
them.  That is, Lego bought the rights to make, sell, market, and produce
anything about the MOCs.  Daniel Siskind, as far as I can tell, has lost all
rights to his Blacksmith Shop.  If this is the case, I don't think I'd feel
comfortable losing my rights to say, my dragons or my griffon.  And if Lego
ever wanted to make a whole Ikros theme (yeah.... right) I'd lose the rights to
my entire website.

So while I thank you for thinking my creations are worthy of reproduction, I
honestly have little hope for them to be released as licenced products.

--Anthony
http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros