 Castle / 13724
Re: What makes 375 a Legend? (Was: New legend is up ))Color Variants(()
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 05:02:52 GMT

It seemed to me that the Yellow Castle came out a few years after the first
Classic Space.  I was very much into Classic Space when I was a kid, though
I did look longingly at the new Castle sets when they came out.  For me
there are two reasons that the Yellow Castle is a Legend.  First, this is
the set that started one of the all-time great themes.  Second, this is
pre-juniorization:  all bricks, no prefabricated wall pieces.  Add to that
that I just love the design.
Basically when I think "Legend" I think about a theme and think about what
sets are the all-time best of that theme.  For Castle I'd go with the two
that were in the vote and also a couple of the Wolfpack and Forestmen sets.

Bruce