 Castle / 13728
Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 22:14:46 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

Jeff Stembel wrote:

Hey Everyone!  You only have until Friday night to send me requests for plots
in the walled town layout we're doing, so hurry and get them in!  :)

Currently reserved plots:
http://www.lugnet.com/events/brickfest/~150/layout/

Jeff Stembel
Castle Room Coordinator
Brickfest 2002

Jeff,

You mentioned the base will be one brick above a baseplate. You also
mentioned you planned on making cobblestone roads using mosaic plates.
Did you plan on the total thickness of the road being 4 plates or 3?

I'm about to head upstairs to start creating. I don't think I'll make
the dock area a full 32 studs deep, and I'm thinking of making the roads
lead out onto jetties. I'm hoping to make at least one additional dock
section, if not two.

A little status report:

I'm close to finished my first building, a street, and some dock. The
first building houses a gambling house/pub in the basement and a
sailmaker above. The gambling house has a secret passage which goes
under the street and out a wharf to a secret door. A warehouse on the
other side of the street will also open to this same secret passage,
with a smuggling operation in the basement.

One more question now that it may be too late... You mentioned putting
Technic bricks in two studs in from the corner (I'm assuming that you
mean along a side of a 16x16 base plate, stick a 1x2 brick, a 1x2
Technic beam, a 1x8 brick, a 1x2 Technic beam, and finally another 1x2
brick. Since I didn't want the basement to have holes in it, I stuck 1x2
bricks with Technic pins in the appropriate positions.

If things go well, I should be able to do 3 baseplates along the water
front. The warehouse will be quick. I will also build a small chandlers
shop or something, and then an inn.

I may also make a section of the dock large enough to have a small
market (mostly a fish market).

Frank