 Castle / 13733
Re: Yet another chapter and onother/Ch4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 15:43:25 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Daniel Ravenda writes:
In lugnet.castle, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
In lugnet.castle, Daniel Ravenda writes:
I know no one realy cares but I just put all my time into chapter 3 legend
of the griffin. it is labled ch3.
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=10106  so enjoy it and look out
for chapter 4 tommrow

Dan,

I downloaded ch3.doc and it comes up looking like a Word file, but my Word
(Macintosh Word 98) says it's not a Word file.  What is the file type?

Bruce

It is a Microsoft word file bruce. Although I want everyone to enjoy my
chapters I don't know what to do maybe someone else douse.

If you're already using MS Word, why not select FILE > SAVE AS HTML....

It won't be pretty HTML but it will be readable by both PC and Mac users.

If you can upload a .doc file to Brickshelf, can you also upload a .html
file?  Then when someone clicked on the link, instead of getting a picture
file (.jpg) or your Word file (.doc) wouldn't it just load your .html file
in the browser?  I'm not sure if this will work, but just thought I'd throw
it out as a possibility.

The other way to go is to save it as a plain .txt file.  Most browsers will
simply load the page (plain jane, no formatting) within the browser window.
Again, not a pretty solution, but readable on Mac as well as Windows browsers.

Hope that helps,
Allan B.