 Castle / 13765
Re: parts for castle?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 00:54:03 GMT

Hi John,

"John Morgan" <aeonapolloRemove@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:GzE0vz.H8s@lugnet.com...
I'm looking for opinions on which sets are the best for parts
for castle. Is 3739 or 10000 better? Pros and cons of each
from a parts perspective?

Depends on what you want to build. If you like European
"traditional" style castles, 10000 contains useful (lt. grey and
black) parts for you. If you want to build a more fantasy
oriented castle, 3739's pieces provide more diversity.

3739 has a better price/piece ratio, while 10000 gives
you some useful castlewall pieces if you use them.

IMO 3739 is slightly better for doors&windows.

3739 has more different roof bricks, but 10000 may be
more useful for you if you already have more black
45 degree slope bricks.

Anyway, both sets give good pieces for their money.

Are the Yoda or Liberty sculptures good for parts?

I don't know about Yoda, at EUR 129.00 the price per
piece is too high for my taste.
The Statue of Liberty is very useful for sandgreen regular
bricks if you like those. It seems a stange color to use for
walls to me, but could be useful for building bronze roof
structures, e.g. a large bronze dome. The 5 Blacksmith
Shops you get for one Statue of Liberty probably get you
much farther in castle building.

Any other sets good for parts?

Yes plenty. :o)

Cheers, Twan.