 Castle / 11400 (+100)
  Re: My first MOC post

very nice work i love it wish i had some like that for my self if youve made some sorrta of an instruction on how to build the fisherman house and the inn please send them too me cuz im building a pirate town for my dudes to viosit in later chapters (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Tanarth has been Updated!

Check out my Castle page, I've added 2 new structures for my Village of Tanarth. Hopefully on this break I'll get quite a few of the buildings in my head built and add drastically to my village! (URL) is where you want to go :) check under the (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Tanarth has been Updated!

(...) Very nice, Mookie! I like them a lot, but I'd like to see interior shots. :) One problem I did have with the Seminary, though, is the line of blue bricks in the roof where the slope angle changes. It'd look much nicer without them, I think. (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2002 lego studious sets excellent for castle

(...) Here's a link for the Vampire's Crypt picture, which for some reason isn't pictured with the rest: (URL) just opened the image file for the Werewolf set and replaced the number with the number for the vampire set. These are so cool. (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2002 lego studious sets excellent for castle

Wow, it looks like they scanned in every image in the 2002 vendors catalog, and typed in all the verbage too! I wonder if some of those sets were supposed to be kept secret. KL (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LOTR intelli-blox

(...) So where are people finding these and what are they retailing at? Thx! John #388 (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: 2002 lego studious sets excellent for castle

(...) Probably. Almost certainly, I imagine. Personally, what I found interesting is that there are a *lot* of sets and themes available for the vendor to order that aren't showing up on shelves. All of the Knight's Kingdom sets, for example, are (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: LOTR intelli-blox

(...) They have (or had) them at Target, for 30% off as of this morning. If you are able to find any they will probably be near the Megabloks and K'nex. Mine only had a couple of Buckleberry ferries (for $13.90) left today. BTW the person who told (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Tanarth has been Updated!

(...) I really like the unique design of the bottom windows on the seminary. The added texture to the front of the building makes it look less "boxy" than most buildings you see. Really like the tavern and the five rooms above. I would love to see a (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  What did you guys get for Christmas?

Well, officially my wife got me a Braun Synchro Shaver. Normally I protest if it isn't Lego, but I really wanted one ever since I saw the commericals. She also got me 100 Defense Archer sets. That was pretty cool since everybody is out of them now. (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My first MOC post

(...) I really like the building with the yellow roof, yellow windows and yellow doors. Simple yet elegant, with a great color scheme. Where did you find those yellow curved windows? What set should I be looking for? On the other hand, I'd change (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: What did you guys get for Christmas?

(...) My parents bought me a set 1100 on Lufthansa. It's some sort of twin engine plane and a girl in a small speedboat. I'll be able to scrounge some of the parts for castle creations, but not many. It's the thought that counts. ;) No other lego (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: What did you guys get for Christmas?

Officially my wife got me a Norelco 4646 X Triple-Head Shaver (ok, is this some sort of secret wife conspiracy thing?). She also got me the LEGO Star Wars Final Duel I & II sets and my daughter got me the Harry Potter Chamber of the Flying Keys set (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  i have a question for daniel siskind

this has been bugging me since the black smith shop came out why the blacksmith shop and not crossroad tavern. why not both and when will lego come out with more and how do we send ours in the mail to them or do we ask you to tell them. if we can (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  lego and skateboard lover unite

this totally rock now there comeing out with lego skate boards and a skate park im just buying them cuz i love skateboarding (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle lego and skateboard lover unite

(...) But I don't see how these skateboards will be useful in Castle- any suggestions? (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  califrack chapter 1 up Merry Christmas

merry christmas is up its just a taist of whats instore its not to long but good just take a look tell me what you think please (URL) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle lego and skateboard lover unite

(...) i just ment to tell people who love skte boards lie wilson raska that its coming and it could be fun maybe evan some nice peaces possiblely (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle lego and skateboard lover unite

(...) And you told them this in lugnet.castle because... ? (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: califrack chapter 1 up Merry Christmas

(...) please pay more attention to your typographical, spelling, and grammar errors and correct them. (23 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: califrack chapter 1 up Merry Christmas

(...) My only criticizm this time around is the same as last time: your spelling and grammer. I gave up after the first few lines, because it just wasn't worth the effort, and to be honest, I treat some of your posts here the same way. When I do (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  punctuation and grammar (was:Re: califrack chapter 1 up Merry Christmas)

Daniel, I must agree with James on this. It requires an amazing amount of effort to read something that is all lower-case, without punctuation, and with many spelling mistakes. I think you'd do a lot better if you just slowed down and started (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tanarth has been Updated!

(...) I really liked the seminary, but in both buildings I would like to tell you I appreciate your efforts to get away from plain flat walls by making them more 3-D by giving them not only windows, but having patterns sticking out around the (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tanarth has been Updated!

(...) Tamy, very nice indeed. I agree w/ Pawel; the geometry around the windows really adds to the seminary. I like the overall "feel" of both buildings. -Chris (23 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: connecting the Guarded Inn (The Robin Hood Sets)

(...) Well, if you're talking about the 4 Robin Hood Sets (from 1987-1990) they were not connecting to nothing although 6066 & 6054 could open in two, they were'nt connected between them self (also 6048 could open) 6071 couldn't open 6077 could open (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tanarth has been Updated!

Hey Tamy, great stuff! Both are very solid, "villagy-looking" buildings. I really like the wall pattern on the Greylen Quarters, you've pulled off the stone effect very well. I also liked the little hill at the corner of the Quarters. That, and the (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tanarth has been Updated!

(...) Great stuff, tamy! Now, to get off topic, what camera do you take your pictures with? They're so good i'm envious ;) -Jay (Rascal King) (23 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Xcalabur's Lair Relaunch

(Please set FUT's) Hi all, I got fed up with Geocities, so I moved. Topcities is home now. I also cleaned a lot of stuff up, and I hope I made everything easily navigable (is that a word?) Soo, now the specifics: For the CW'ers and castlefolk: New (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: Xcalabur's Lair Relaunch

(...) layout, and the mouse-over box at the top is just plain cool! (...) Cool story! So we finally find out who that mysterious stowaway is :-). That hall that the meeting took place in was really cool, do you have any other shots of it, or was it (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle)

  Re: My first MOC post

Nice little buildings Stephen! The Inn looks very quaint, perfect for a small village. The fishermans home reminds me alot of the little hut in 6277. Looking forward to more of your creations! Tamy (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tanarth has been Updated!

(...) I've been trying many different configurations of windows over the last few months, Most of them probably haven't been photographed though :( There's nothing I hate more than a boxy flat building/castle. (Right Shiri?) I've always tried to (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tanarth has been Updated!

(...) Some people like that effect others don't from what I've heard... I think I did it a little to randomly, and with a little more forethought it might turn out better.. though I'm happy with how it looks anyway! The hill came from the slope pack (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tanarth has been Updated!

Well... I've been switching between 3 different digital cameras here, I believe these were taking with an old Sony Mavica, for some reason it does best with the colors with my lighting scheme I've set up indoors (it's getting very tiring to haul (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tanarth has been Updated!

(...) Full pictures of the village probably won't be available for quite a while yet :( I'm guessing at least a year or better, I've got a lot of work to finish up yet and some major building to happen. Maybe when I get a little closer to finishing (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Xcalabur's Lair Relaunch

(...) Thanks Wilson. I wanted to have something to give it a bit of flare. (...) 'Preciate the comments. Unfortunately, the throneroom was just a temporary deal; I scrapped it soon after I took the pics. The dock is still together, simply because I (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Xcalabur's Lair Relaunch

(...) All I see is a blank black page with a small banner at the top (using NS4.79). Perhaps there is an unclosed table or something? Jeff (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: 2002 lego studious sets excellent for castle

Is that the return of the pesant hood I see on the guy in the middle ?? -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado "Matthew Christopher" <darklord73@aol.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Xcalabur's Lair Relaunch

(...) Works fine for me in mozilla 0.9.7 (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: Xcalabur's Lair Relaunch

There is no </body> tag in there. Might be responsible the moral of the story is steer clear of NS4.7 (or any other flavor of netscape) and its patented Ugly Filter :) -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: Xcalabur's Lair Relaunch

(...) Yeah, netscape 4.7 totally sucks. However, netscape 6.2 (the latest version, based off the geko rendering engine and mozilla codebase) doesnt. (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: Xcalabur's Lair Relaunch

Chris, this new site is totally cool. I love the pages, it's obvious you're making good use of that new cam... the new characters + story show a lot of potential for interesting play. Pawel and Wilson said everything I wanted to - even the part (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Xcalabur's Lair Relaunch

(...) LOL! Chris, this has to be the gazillionth time that a big announcement of yours spawns into a browsers thread. (See "The Gathering Writeup" for example...) Learn from your mistakes, sweetie! You *always* check your site with the "other" (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tanarth has been Updated!

(...) *Gosh*! Yesterday I spent about forty minutes browsing your site and writing a detailed reply with tons of specific comments, feedback, and all that good stuff. I even took the time to point out a few specific typos. I can't believe it didn't (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Chronicles of Velaria Chapter One now online!

Jay, I'm playing catch-up, and finally got a chance to look at your site. Looks good, and I like the beginning of your story (it's got me wondering what exactly are Lorien's fighting abilities, and how did he come by them). However, there seems to (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Chronicles of Velaria Chapter One now online!

(...) second chapter now, so I'll tackle those problems you listed. Thanks for the feedback, it's greatly appreciated :) -Jay (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Xcalabur's Lair Relaunch

Hey Chris! Great stuff, as usual. Your characters are very unique and full of personality, and I'm still in love with your Wizard's tower. One question, though. I've been waiting forever for you and Shiri's characters to have a nice crossover (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Gatehouse similar to Neuschwanstein (facade)

Hello all, I have completed a minifig scaled Neuschwanstein Gatehouse. Pictures are located here: (URL) is not on a mountain top, but I have a small contingent of troops arrayed in formation before it, to show scale. I know that the side towers (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce) !

  Re: Xcalabur's Lair Relaunch

(...) Or maybe the moral is to always check it in NS4.7, since if it works there, it'll work anywhere, since it dislikes errors. A very admirable quality, if you ask me. Jeff (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: 2002 lego studious sets excellent for castle

That was my first thought too, James. :-) Let's keep our fingers crossed! -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message ----- From: "James Stacey" <james@minifig.co.uk> (...) ?? (...) isn't (...) number (...) Werewolves, (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Gatehouse similar to Neuschwanstein (facade)

I think that this looks really great. you seem to have a good grasp on 3d realism. was this all thought out before hand, or did you start, and then work around the obstacles as they came? I think that this is a tremendous piece of work, how many (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry

For those of you who are interested, I have added the pictures of my ISCC entry to by brickshelf page. The contest asks for only 10 photos so I put the other 20 or so up here. (URL) of the buildings are Facades, but they are unfurnished. the Town is (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: Gatehouse similar to Neuschwanstein (facade)

(...) rest of the castle...!!! you need alot of white bricks.. ha ha ha Kev...: ) andrastavia@ozbricks.com www.ozbricks.com/andrastavia (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  CITY OF BRAHNSTURT PICTURES

Hiya all... Just thought I'd share some pics of my latest MOC...6 months in the making..... a huge medieval city and castle.... it takes up a massive 7 x 5 (32 stud) baseplates in size...!!! This is my entry in the 1000steine competition.... also it (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: CITY OF BRAHNSTURT PICTURES

(...) This is simply beautiful... How did you add the water detail's??? Especially in the pic with the Royal ship? Eric (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tanarth has been Updated!

(...) Thanks Shiri, I think I found a few more mistakes and corrected them. That's what I get for creating the pages at 2am when I was already pretty tired from building. I'll probably add interior to the structures after I get more built. I want to (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: CITY OF BRAHNSTURT PICTURES

(...) [snip] (...) Great work, Kev! Inspirational stuff... Cheers Richie (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: CITY OF BRAHNSTURT PICTURES

(...) 5 (...) Kev, what can anyone say but "Wow"! The problem with this .castle group is that there are too many fantastic people doing fantastic things. I think we need a .castle.mere-mortals group for the rest of us! Kerry (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry

(...) topic! I'm just flabergasted by the details - I won't even attempt to get into it here :) Good luck to you - the castle catergory seems like a very tight one. -- Pawel (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: CITY OF BRAHNSTURT PICTURES

(...) Thanx Kerry... I'm glad you like it.... Really, it's taken 25 years of collecting and 6 months on and off building.... but as for the presentation of my work, I guess I do it for a living... being a graphic designer... so I expect my work to (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: CITY OF BRAHNSTURT PICTURES

Beautiful. Just some of my first impressions/comments questions: You seem to have been able to make the white, greay and black look nice together in the castle walls, by doing each wall or tower in a single colour. I'll have to remember this for (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry

Very impresive Jon! The castle walls do look great with the chunks missing, and you have mixed the grey and dark grey to great effect. Also the tourquoise castle parts from the Hoggwarts Castle look much better on a grey castle than I expected. I (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Gatehouse similar to Neuschwanstein (facade)

Very nice! You've made good use of red, I'd never have thought it would look so good on a castle. I like how you made the flanking towers roundish with the white bricks. Is this supposed to be as exact a replica as possible of Neuschwanstein, or (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: CITY OF BRAHNSTURT PICTURES

(...) Eric.... thanx for the encouragement....: ) As for the backgrounds, I explain it in a step by step process with pictures too.. in my updates I'm doing for my website... which will be uploaded in the next week....!!! Kev...: ) (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: CITY OF BRAHNSTURT PICTURES

(...) Thanx Richie.... it's taken long enough to finally get to this stage...!!! Kev..: ) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry

(...) Roger that, I was gawking at it on Brickshelf earlier today but didn't want to post about it till Jon did. (...) Trains ain't exactly a pushover, it's got a lot of good entries but I am SO GLAD not to be a castle judge! It would be an (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests)

  Re: CITY OF BRAHNSTURT PICTURES

(...) Hear Hear! I second that :) Then I could have a place to show off my grand creation! A general store! No, it's not that big (2 stories and about 12 x 16 studs or so?), and no, there's no city surrounding it... and there isn't much scenery (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Lugnet Set Database info & possible correction?

Was just using the Lugnet guide this vacation and saw a couple things I could help fill in! Set 1547 - "Black Knight's Boat" - $4.25 from LEGO Shop at Home (1996) Set 1596 - "Ghost with Wolfman" - also $4.25 from LEGO Shop at Home (1996) Also, my (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: CITY OF BRAHNSTURT PICTURES

(...) I'm sure your creations are great.. remember its quality not quantity... all those little bits and pieces give character...!!! (...) Thanx..: ) (...) It is just a little bit of airbrushing in Photoshop, and screening it back...!! (...) Alot of (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: CITY OF BRAHNSTURT PICTURES

(...) Don't be so sure yet, I just started building again (can't call it the end of any "dark ages" though, as I've been buying and building sets all along, it's just the start of my MOC's :), much experience needed!) (...) I can see how that would (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2002 lego studious sets excellent for castle

(...) Harry Potter..... What are you going to do with all the bats? There don't seem to be any 1x6 or 1x8 pieces...... The sets seem to be just frames of models with no walls. Very cool minifigs and doors, but is it worth the money when compared (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2002 lego studious sets excellent for castle

(...) Sure looks like it, but will it be worth the price? My guess is $20.00 and you'll get a couple of cool minfigs and gates. No quality pieces to build buildings with, just accent type pieces.... -Aaron (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

Thats a fantastic looking creation. Full of detail and life. Hats off to you -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado "Jon Furman" <rambocalrissian@yahoo.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: CITY OF BRAHNSTURT PICTURES

Wow. is there something in the water. Thats amazing. The Citadel looks really imposing casting its shadow on the town beneath, and the town has so much character and detail, and as always beutifully presented and manipulated shots. Did you have to (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry

(...) Looks great, I've always wondered what a castle wall would look like with the dark grey mixed with the light grey. Did you decide to skip the preformed walls based on the look you wanted? Also, this has been bugging me for a while. Where did (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: CITY OF BRAHNSTURT PICTURES

(...) Thankyou...: ) (...) I like a bit of variety in my work... plus also, alot of real castles the way they look now is very varied.. as they were added to over the hundreds of years they were standing.. so the original castle colours were (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Gatehouse similar to Neuschwanstein (facade)

That looks great Andy. really baroque. Do you have any links for a comparison to the original ?? It definately works well in LEGO :) Thanks -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado "Andy (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lugnet Set Database info & possible correction?

(...) updated, thanks! Good thing I noticed this post - maybe post it next time to lugnet.admin.database, or email it to db@lugnet.com? that way the database admins will be sure to see it :) Thanks again! Dan (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Xcalabur's Lair Relaunch

Chris, I like the site design, it makes it easy to find things. The rock scorpion is cool, too, just the kind of thing that would populate The Great Desert (I'll have to build a couple!). And I really like the mixture of characters that you have in (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle)

  Re: CITY OF BRAHNSTURT PICTURES

(...) Kev, Wow. Wow. Wow. More pictures please! I want to do a medieval walled city ( I just need about 1000 more grey bricks, and 100 more hours) and you've set a really high bar. This is one MOC I'd like to see in person, as you've crammed so many (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry

(...) Jon, Wow, great MOC! Two walled cities in one day, I think that almost doubles the walled cities MOCs I've seen. I like the detail of the halftimbered Tudors, and it certainly looks like a fun celebration. Thanks, George (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2002 lego studios sets excellent for SPOOKINESS!

(...) available. I've been really eager to see these sets ever since reading about them on the same site. Between the HP sets and these new Studios sets, 2002 is going to be an absolutely awesome year for those of us who like building spooky themed (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2002)

  Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry

Jon, Great scene! You've really made it come to life. I can almost hear the people talking, shouting & laughing, merchants hawking their wares, etc. Steve (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: CITY OF BRAHNSTURT PICTURES

Kevin, All I can say is wow, that is incredible! Not only is it massive in size, but it is packed with detail. Look forward to seeing it in Chapter 2! Steve (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  some medieval ships, castle hoardings

Hi all, Thanks to Jeff Stembel who kindly took pics of some of my creations at a recent brickwars bout, there are a few pics of some of my newest MOCs online. (URL) castle wall is part of a larger castle I've been working on for a while now, and we (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce)

  Castle Women Figs

I don't know about anyone else, but I have an abundance of non-castle figures and few generic castle minifigs. Especially in the female department. So I started looking to see what I could do to increase the female population in my villages and I (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Falckenstein Castle - My entry for the ISCC

Hello! This is my entry for the 1st International System Creativity Contest on www.1000steine.de: www.1000steine.de/th...57/057.htm Sorry, the story is in German only, but you can translate it using babelfish (link is given there). Of course I could (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle) !!

  Introducing the SPCC

The time has come for Castle fans to unite! The SPCC, or Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Castle, is now recruiting members to collaborate with myself and others, in an effort to create a new hub for the fans of LEGO Castle. The home site (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the SPCC

(...) Though I like the idea, and I think this could be a great site, I question the use of the actual Lego logo. If you hope to get TLG (I can't remember, is it TLC or TLG these days?) to recognize your efforts, and other fellow castle heads, I (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Falckenstein Castle - My entry for the ISCC

Hi Jojo, I just wanna say I loved your castle. My favourite part is the "trophies' wall", pic #10. No castle is realistic enough without one! Pedro (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Women Figs

You had me worried when you said you used an X-acto on your minifigs. I'm too much of a purist, I would never paint or altar a minifig in anyway. However, by scraping off the paint it looks pretty good! They now have a waist and hips. But they still (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: CITY OF BRAHNSTURT PICTURES

(...) Really detailed pictures of the stairs would be great. I think stairs are the hardest thing to do well in Lego, and I don't recall many (any?) good pictures of castle stairs in the usual places (e.g., Frank Filz's lists of Castle links). The (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Falckenstein Castle - My entry for the ISCC

The castle is amazing.... Please post some more pictures for us on Brickshelf..... 1000steine braucht nicht wissen. Ich werde gar nichts sagen.... -Aaron (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Women Figs

(...) Normally I would never touch anything to my Legos, but I have a large surplus of torsos that have sat there for almost five years now. Better to do something with them than nothing at all. I put this up the minute I finished the Girl in red so (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lugnet Set Database info & possible correction?

(...) Welcome, and I'll keep that in mind next time (I kinda thought about it earlier, and then it slipped my mind, as many things do, when I posted :( ) plucky (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Falckenstein Castle - My entry for the ISCC

Hello Aaron, (...) There are some more pictures at Jojo's website: (URL)1000steine braucht nicht wissen. Ich werde gar nichts (...) Ich höre & sehe alles... zumindest hier in der CastleGroup ;-) Viele Grüße, René (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Gatehouse similar to Neuschwanstein (facade)

Thanks Jon. :-) Actually, the whole model went together very quickly, the center portion of the gatehouse taking the most time. I was working in MLCad and with real bricks simultaneously, so the center gatehouse is also modeled in virtual bricks as (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Gatehouse similar to Neuschwanstein (facade)

Hehehe... Thanks Kev. Seeing your miniature version was one of the things that made me try to do this. :-) As much as I would love to build a complete Neuschwanstein in this scale, my budget and my house won't have it. (I won't even mention my wife) (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Gatehouse similar to Neuschwanstein (facade)

Thanks Magnus, I've always loved Neuschwanstein, and the red gatehouse just seems to be a trademark of it. In my mind while I was building it, it was meant to be as close a representation that I could have, so yes, it is meant to be an exact (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Gatehouse similar to Neuschwanstein (facade)

Thanks James, I had several Castle calendars with pictures of Neuschwanstein, but I also did a search on Google Images to find more pictures: Here is the search: (URL) here is a page with a link to a good picture of the gatehouse: (URL) Lynch ----- (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry

Beautiful work, Jon. Love the crowded feeling that you have given the town. The outer walls having the "nicked and pocked" as you call it is also great. I have a hard time building that type of randomness with good results. Too many details to (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact