 Castle / 11497
Re: Gatehouse similar to Neuschwanstein (facade)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 03:00:56 GMT

Thanks Magnus,
I've always loved Neuschwanstein, and the red gatehouse just seems to be
a trademark of it.

In my mind while I was building it, it was meant to be as close a
representation that I could have, so yes, it is meant to be an exact
duplicate.  But, on that note, the towers are actually meant to have
windows in them, but at a 45 degree angle from the front, so they would
have to be on the angled portion of the tower.  I couldn't figure out
any way to make that look right, so I made them solid for now.  I could
have simply put them on the front, but my mindset at the time wouldn't
allow that.... :-) pretty funny, I guess.

Thanks for the comments. :-)
-Andy Lynch