 Castle / 11495
Re: Gatehouse similar to Neuschwanstein (facade)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 02:49:04 GMT

Thanks Jon.  :-)
Actually, the whole model went together very quickly, the center portion
of the gatehouse taking the most time.  I was working in MLCad and with
real bricks simultaneously, so the center gatehouse is also modeled in
virtual bricks as well as real ones. :-)  Although I did think about the
area around the gate and just above while driving to and from work for a
couple of days before I began it.

I worked from several photographs that I found on Google, including some
close-ups of the gatehouse, so I already knew the end result, which was
a drastic change from my usual method.  Of course my usual method
doesn't result in anything nearly this complete ( although I know it
isn't any where near complete)

Hehehe, in regard to your defense archer question, I don't remember how
many I bought, but I only bought them in ones and two when I found them
in the stores.  I also bought 16 once from Lego shop at home, but those
didn't make it into the picture, they were removed from packaging after
the photos were taken.

-Andy Lynch