 Castle / 11421
11420  |  11422
Subject:
punctuation and grammar (was:Re: califrack chapter 1 up Merry Christmas)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 01:56:30 GMT

Daniel, I must agree with James on this.  It requires an amazing amount of
effort to read something that is all lower-case, without punctuation, and
with many spelling mistakes.  I think you'd do a lot better if you just
slowed down and started separating your thoughts.  Make sentences, and
paragraphs.

I don't want you to think that everyone's picking on you because of this;
many people start with posts like this, but after a while, they straighten
it out.

Also agreeing with James, a lot of times I merely skip over or don't
understand your posts when I do read them.  They seem like gibberish or
run-on thoughts, or they have no bearing to the newsgroup.  A good example
of this is posting about skateboards in .castle.  Unless they have something
to do with castle, or some ingenuitive idea of how to use them, don't post
there.  Learn the newsgroups and you'll get a lot better feedback.

Hope that helps you out,
-Chris

In lugnet.castle, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.castle, Daniel Ravenda writes:
merry christmas is up its just a taist of whats instore its not to long but
good just take a look tell me what you think please

http://www.geocities.com/dvendezzz/temporarypreviewfile.html?1009840669500

Hi Daniel,

My only criticizm this time around is the same as last time: your spelling
and grammer.  I gave up after the first few lines, because it just wasn't
worth the effort, and to be honest, I treat some of your posts here the same
way.

When I do manage to get all the way through one of your posts, you usually
have useful comments, but my head hurts by the time I figure out what you're
trying to say.

If you want to have people reading your stories and messages, please use
punctuation and proper sentence structure.  It's much easier to read, and
you will get more useful feedback.

hope that helps,

James