 Castle / 11480
Re: 2002 lego studios sets excellent for SPOOKINESS!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 16:04:54 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jason Cicchini writes:
Have just viewed the new 2002 studio sets. Must say that I am dumbfounded by
the coolnss of the peices about to come in april. Hoorah! Can finally build
that graveyard with the killer gate peices!
take a look:
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/lego.cfm

Jay, many thanks for letting us know that Marz now had the pictures
available.  I've been really eager to see these sets ever since reading
about them on the same site.  Between the HP sets and these new Studios
sets, 2002 is going to be an absolutely awesome year for those of us who
like building spooky themed LEGO creations.

Some of the favorite details from these new Studio sets: The Mummy mini-fig
with the bandage wrappings (glad they didn't just recycle the old
Adventurers mummy fig), Dracula's hair piece and collar, the mad scientist's
torso, the werewolf head (thought they might try and recyle Chewbacca's head
for this - glad they didn't) and as mentioned by others, the groovy gates.
Oh yeah - also am most happy that there's going to be a new slope piece for
use as a female mini-fig skirt.

I wish there was a better pic of what looks to be a green-headed
Frankenstein's monster on the mad doctor's operating table.  It also looks
like that same set is using the old style skeleton head instead of the new
evil ones from the Alpha Team sets (got my first new skull yesterday!).
Can't quite tell either if that's one of the new HP pumpkinheads in the
laboratory also. Also was wondering if that's a new colored swirly pattern
radar dish/ umbrella pictured or some other piece.

Only a few short months and I'll have more passengers than I had anticipated
would be riding my latest spooky MOC, The Ghostline Express:

Looks like I better get crackin' on a couple of more cars.

Thanks LEGO! It's going to be a Happily Haunted New Year!

Greg