 Castle / 11489
Re: Castle Women Figs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 23:42:46 GMT

You had me worried when you said you used an X-acto on your minifigs.  I'm
too much of a purist, I would never paint or altar a minifig in anyway.
However, by scraping off the paint it looks pretty good!  They now have a
waist and hips.  But they still look like town minifigs with a waist and
hips.....  Let's see if you can make them look medieval.

-Aaron

In lugnet.castle, Josiah Nicely writes:
I don't know about anyone else, but I have an abundance of non-castle
figures and few generic castle minifigs. Especially in the female
department. So I started looking to see what I could do to increase the
female population in my villages and I came up with a few options:

1) Go out and buy more female figs
Problem: Expensive and only a limited variety to choose from

2) Forget about it
Problem: Ever been around a guy who hasn't seen a girl in a couple of years?
Times that by a few hundred lego men. Prognosis: not good

3) Convert some generic town torsos to fit the need

Well, I had plenty of hair and female heads, but the problem is, until
recently, Lego did not make any difference in shape between a male fig and a
female fig. Kinda hard to distinguish between the two figures at a distance.
So I whipped out my handy X-acto knife and went to work. I think the
pictures speak for themselves.

Not only can you make nice female figures out of the generic torsos, but if
you wanted to get so technical as to include a little bit of paint, you
could really get some use out of all the extra minifigs that you have laying
around.
Just thought I'd share. Maybe somebody has already been doing this, but I
haven't heard about it. I wouldn't bill it as a  better substitute for a
Lego-made female torso, but in a pinch, or with a burst of creativity, you
could really do some wonders. A little more work on the bathing suit pic and
you could have a Bikini. What with the new turbans, you could make an
Arabian Nights kind of scene. If anyone has any more Ideas on how to use
generic town Minifigs, share the knowledge!

- Joe Nicely