 Castle / 11464
Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 05:26:47 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:

It's amazing - full of life, full of detail, and dead on with the assigned
topic!  I'm just flabergasted by the details - I won't even attempt to get
into it here :)

Roger that, I was gawking at it on Brickshelf earlier today but didn't want
to post about it till Jon did.

Good luck to you - the castle catergory seems like a very tight one.

Trains ain't exactly a pushover, it's got a lot of good entries but I am SO
GLAD not to be a castle judge! It would be an impossible task to choose a
single winner from it.

One thing to note, though, the way (I believe) this contest is structured, I
don't think there is necessarily going to *be* a category winner selected
for each category. The judges will score the models for their 20%
contribution, then the general public votes the other 80% as they see fit,
using the criteria suggested, perhaps, but not necessarily.

So all 10 of the prizewinning entries could well come from the same
category. (not likely, there are great entries in several categories, but
you see what I mean)

This has the advantage of ducking the need to adjudicate and annoint a
category winner, the judges can just grade all the models in their category
as they see fit. Which makes the judging job a bit easier, I think.

++Lar