 Castle / 11511
Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 21:20:12 GMT

Aaron,
Thanks for the compliments.  I decided to go with the bricks because I have
always used the prefab walls in the past, and I was kind of feeling like my
work was getting stale, I just started building and threw in some dark grey
for effect, I wasn't sure how it would work, but I was pleased with the
outcome so I used it on the buildings too.  THe green Wizards hat came with
a freestyle bucket a few years back, I just added it to a forestman body.   Jon

In lugnet.castle, Aaron J. Muhl writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jon Furman writes:
For those of you who are interested, I have added the pictures of my ISCC
entry to by brickshelf page.  The contest asks for only 10 photos so I put
the other 20 or so up here.

None of the buildings are Facades, but they are unfurnished.  the Town is
walled and the wall sections that are between towers are removeable so you
can play inside the structure.  It is Two thick so that I could give the
walls the appearance of being "nicked and pocked".  Sorry the Pics aren't
the best,  I was working with a deadline!  Thanks again.  Jon

Looks great, I've always wondered what a castle wall would look like with
the dark grey mixed with the light grey.  Did you decide to skip the
preformed walls based on the look you wanted?

Also, this has been bugging me for a while.  Where did you get the green
wizard hat from?  What set was this in!?

It looks great, good luck in the contest.

-Aaron