 CAD / Development / 11122 (-100)
  LETGUI Update (1.6.1.0)

I just released a new version of LETGUI. Added support for stl2dat (now version 1.20). Added support for rectifier (now version 1.5). Added support for windz You can download like usually from (URL) you run into any trouble, please do not hesitate (...) (13 years ago, 23-Feb-11, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  LETGUI Update (1.6.0.1)

I just released a new version of LETGUI. Added support for stl2dat (now version 1.19). Had to fix some bugs related to usage with drag'n drop and commandline. You can download like usually from (URL) you run into any trouble, please do not hesitate (...) (13 years ago, 9-Feb-11, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  LETGUI Update (1.6.0.0)

I just released the new version of LETGUI. Added support for stl2dat (current version). Added support for new tool Unificator. You can download like usually from (URL) you run into any trouble, please do not hesitate to contact me. cu mikeheide (13 years ago, 24-Jan-11, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  BrickCon LSculpt presentation

I have uploaded the slides I presented at BrickCon 2010. The slides go through a complex example which includes two different ways of creating 3D models, combining them together, and building the sculpture. (URL) resolution PDF and Powerpoint are (...) (14 years ago, 9-Oct-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Re: Announcing LSculpt 0.5.0

(...) On a side note, I have to say that this "DAVID laser scanner" sounds incredibly cool to me, so much so that I may need to look into acquiring it. Additionally, just five short years ago a 3-D scanner setup was apparently a near pipe-dream, (...) (14 years ago, 1-Oct-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Announcing LSculpt 0.5.0

(...) Thanks! I had already discovered DAVID through your website. I got a line laser from dealextreme too, but I didn't have much luck using the video on a digital camera instead of a webcam. I'll try more later! Sculptris looks very cool. It looks (...) (14 years ago, 29-Sep-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Announcing LSculpt 0.5.0

(...) Excellent! To the palette of tools you mention on LSculpt webpage, I'd like to add (URL) DAVID laser scanner> to build your own meshes. The free version is perfectly usable (but you'll need Meshlab to assemble the scans in a single mesh). A (...) (14 years ago, 29-Sep-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Announcing LSculpt 0.5.0

Hi Bram, Looks stunning. Downloading now! Now if I could find some more time for LEGO I could actually build the horse I sculpted with the earlier version of LSculpt. (URL) Jaco (14 years ago, 29-Sep-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Announcing LSculpt 0.5.0

(URL) At Bricks by the Bay 2010 in Fremont, CA, I gave a (URL) presentation> on LSculpt, a program I wrote a few years ago to convert 3D models into Lego surfaces. After the presentation, (URL) Remi Gagne> offered to help me create a graphical (...) (14 years ago, 29-Sep-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX) !

  Re: LDraw BFC Tool

(...) SNIP If I am right, this file would have error messages with L3P and DATHeader as the two lines are identical. So one line has to be deleted. cu mikeheide (14 years ago, 23-Aug-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LDraw BFC Tool

(...) If such things exist in BFC-certified parts, then they are obviously wrong, but won't necessarily be visible. It's obviously an error condition, so having the program detect it seems just to be a useful feature to me. I don't see why there (...) (14 years ago, 20-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw BFC Tool

(...) Your guess is as good as mine. Hopefully Nils is reading and can answer it via me. Tim (14 years ago, 20-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw BFC Tool

(...) Double sided part? I don't get it at all. Two identical references to a primitive, and the first is preceded by a BCF INVERTNEXT instruction. How will it look after being changed to single-sided? Has there been any discussions on this issue so (...) (14 years ago, 20-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw BFC Tool

(...) Hi, I like to introduce version 1.7.0.5 Beta of the BFC-Tool (it is necessary to update the information on the downloads section on ldraw.org): New features: Changed required .NET Framework from 3.5 to Framework 2.0 Added "What's (...) (14 years ago, 20-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LDraw BFC Tool

(...) snip (...) Thanks! You have no idea how many times I've forgotten to attach attachments to emails! Same thing! Kevin (14 years ago, 17-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Bricksmith 2.4: Faster. Much Faster.

(...) <snip> (...) Wow, this is amazing. I had no idea you could do these kinds of things with shaders. Like Don I too think it's time for me to get a good book/document on using shaders in OpenGL. Thanks for the revelation. Roland (14 years ago, 16-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Bricksmith 2.4: Faster. Much Faster.

(...) Hoo...that takes me back! :-) Doing the second shader was a bit of a blast from the past, actually - it's over 10 years since I last wrote assembler in anger! Alex (14 years ago, 16-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Bricksmith 2.4: Faster. Much Faster.

(...) ... Wow, that is simple. It looks just like the description of the algorithm in the LDRAW specs. I haven't felt this old since manipulating the colormap for animation went outta style. :^) Thanks for sharing, Don (14 years ago, 16-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Bricksmith 2.4: Faster. Much Faster.

(...) Actually, it's even simpler! This is the code for the geometry-shader: #version 120 #extension GL_NV_geometry_shader4 : enable varying out vec4 gl_TexCoord[]; float determinant(mat2 m) { return m[0][0] * m[1][1] - m[0][1] * m[1][0]; } void (...) (14 years ago, 16-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Bricksmith 2.4: Faster. Much Faster.

(...) Ah ha! Yet another reason to read that vertex-shader book. So, are you suggesting running this algorithm on the graphics card (with counters for the vertices instead counting pixels in the stencil buffer) or perhaps some other algorithm? (...) (14 years ago, 16-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Bricksmith 2.4: Faster. Much Faster.

(...) Interesting, but complicated IMO :-) Shaders offer a much easier implementation, and (I suspect) a faster one. Geometry-shaders for preference, but the algorithm can be implemented using vertex-shaders or even ARB vertex-programs to support (...) (14 years ago, 16-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Bricksmith 2.4: Faster. Much Faster.

(...) So finally this brings us to a technique that combines the predictive abilities of the conditional lines with the runtime advantages of the stencil and BFC algorithms. Think of the conditional line as a pair of triangles with a shared edge (...) (14 years ago, 16-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Bricksmith 2.4: Faster. Much Faster.

(...) And another thing... The BFC technique actually has an advantage over conditional lines because it works on the entire scene after it's been assembled. Whereas the conditional lines at the edges of the primitives are created in advance, and (...) (14 years ago, 16-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LDraw BFC Tool

(...) Stupid me Link on sourceforge: (URL) Tim (14 years ago, 16-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LDraw BFC Tool

(...) Cool! Where does one find an executable? Kevin (14 years ago, 15-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  LDraw BFC Tool

The time is up. There is no need to edit thousand lines of code anymore if you are in trouble with BFC-Certification! I have written a tool which requires .NET framework 3.5 and managed DirectX 9 to run. With this tool you are able to change wrong (...) (14 years ago, 15-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LDPattern

(...) No greater loss I guess. ;) (...) Guess I'll have to take a peep at Quad2dat to see how it works. I thought it was basically just the same approach as bmp2dat, with the difference it can handle more file formats and color depths. /Tore (14 years ago, 4-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDPattern

(...) Even with Lugnet it's not always easy to know things exists: I had no idea LDraw Draw existed until today ;o) (...) Hopefully Il'dar will chime in, but I guess LDPattern will work like Quad2dat: once vertices are created, new points closer (...) (14 years ago, 4-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Possible (minor) contradiction in the specs

(...) If by "extension documents" you mean the (sub-)specifications referred to from the main 1.0.0 spec document (ie this page (URL) is no contradiction as the referenced specs were ratified BEFORE the main 1.0.0 spec (they had to be, otherwise the (...) (14 years ago, 4-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDPattern + LDS, Proof of Concept  [DAT]

(...) ... and here's the output from the LDS Compiler v 0.61: 0 Tile 2 x 2 with Red L Pattern 0 Name: 3068bpL.dat 0 Author: Tore Eriksson 0 Unofficial Non-LEGO Part 0 BFC NOCERTIFY 1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 s\3068bs01.dat 0 // Pattern created by (...) (14 years ago, 4-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDPattern + LDS, Proof of Concept  [DAT]

Here's a thought LDPattern project file in pure LDS format: ' 3068bpL.lds ' LDS Source File created by LDPattern 0 Tile 2 x 2 with Red L Pattern 0 Name: 3068bpL.dat 0 Author: Tore Eriksson 0 Unofficial Non-LEGO Part 0 BFC NOCERTIFY ' Default (...) (14 years ago, 4-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Possible (minor) contradiction in the specs

Hi all, Not sure if this is the correct group for this, but I was wondering about a possible contradiction in the specs. I started working on a translation of my LD4DStudio renderer in C++ in means of a refresher course. While starting this up I (...) (14 years ago, 3-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDPattern  [DAT]

I just discovered the LDPattern project. (URL) to the ongoing delugnetization, I had no idea it existed until today. Anyway, here are my thoughts. In 1997, I made a DOS program called LDD (=LDraw Draw, to avoid confusion with TLC's Lego Digital (...) (14 years ago, 3-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development

(...) <snip> (...) Thanks for the insight, Actually the more 'local' feel to interfaces is the reason why I'm a bit more leaning towards wxWidgets at the moment, it uses native controls where possible on all platforms. But Qt is clearly more (...) (14 years ago, 2-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development

I know you've already mostly decided on a direction, but I figured I'd throw in my two cents. LDView takes a different tack for cross-platform support: all the back-end code is cross-platform C++, but the UI code is platform-specific. So my Windows (...) (14 years ago, 1-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development

(...) <snip> (...) Hi Roland, I use Qt (free) with static binding for LPub4. It works pretty well, and is well organized, but the learning curve is big (but not too steep). Kevin (14 years ago, 1-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development

In lugnet.cad.dev, Roland Melkert wrote: <snip> (...) Thanks for all the tips everybody, I've been playing around this weekend and decided to start writing something semi serious using C++ and ether wxWidgets or Qt. And for an IDE I decided on using (...) (14 years ago, 31-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development

(...) I'm not sure Lazarus is the way to go with FPC, there's too much of 'Delphi look-alike but never getting there' over Lazarus. But there are other ways of using FPC. (14 years ago, 28-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development

(...) As a Delphi programmer you might give Lazarus and freepascal a whirl. Since I also use Delphi, I tried it to make MPDWizard cross platform and it performed well. One sticking point in getting LDDP converted over is that JCL/JVCL isn't (...) (14 years ago, 28-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development

In lugnet.cad.dev, Remi Gagne wrote: <snip> (...) hmm, I thought LGPL mend you can only dynamically link to the library, I'll have to take another look it seems. Thanks. (...) <snip> (...) Yes, I've heard more people talking about Python like it's (...) (14 years ago, 27-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development

In lugnet.cad.dev, Anders Isaksson wrote: <snip (...) I didn't know of the multiplatform plans for Delphi, but considering the way it went with Kylix (and now 64 bit) I'm not going to wait for it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Delphi and always have, (...) (14 years ago, 27-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development

In lugnet.cad.dev, Michael Heidemann wrote: snip (...) snip (...) I'm excluding .NET because it's proprietary and I don't like the way MS is pushing it. Also Mono is reversed engineered which means it will never be completely up to pair and or (...) (14 years ago, 27-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development

(...) SNIP (...) Some years ago I was looking for the same thing for the LDraw Tools I had in mind. As I only did it for personal use any commercial software was out of the race. Also the C based languages are not good for me as I did never code in (...) (14 years ago, 27-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development

(...) Qt is licensed under the LGPL which allows commercial use, either statically or dynamically linked, without problems. The only caveat is that if you modify Qt itself, you must release your modifications to Qt as open source. (...) If native (...) (14 years ago, 27-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development

(...) You're aware of the fact that Delphi is going multiplatform in coming releases? First the Mac, later linux. Still, it's an unseen card, we don't know how good it will be, and how long they (Embarcadero) will pursue the multiplatform track this (...) (14 years ago, 27-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development

(...) Thanks, I've been looking at Qt but as far I understand it's license doesn't permit commercially static linked closed applications, something I need for my business projects. I know you could link dynamically but that probably raises all kinds (...) (14 years ago, 27-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development

(...) wxWidgets isn't bad, but for serious, heavy-UI applications, Qt is far, far better. Its QtCreator IDE & debugger isn't bad either, and is easy to get started with. And QtDesigner, its drag-n-drop UI developer, is one of the few such tools I've (...) (14 years ago, 27-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development

(...) Couple of reasons really: 1. Some of my customers are asking about the cost/timeframe of a non windows version of their software. 2. I think windows only software has had it best time, Linux is maturing quickly and Apple is gaining ground. 3. (...) (14 years ago, 27-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development

(...) Why do you want to go multiplatform? Good thing that .NET is off the table! It's a pain for us users, too. /Tore (14 years ago, 27-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development

I all, I've been a Delphi programmer both private and work related for over 15 years , but I think it's time to take a dive in the multiplatform world. So in order to get the hang of things I decided to start a new LDraw application in means of a (...) (14 years ago, 27-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LETGUI update

Hi all, I have updated LETGUI to support the latest tools created by Philo ((URL) and (URL) can find the latest version of LETGUI at (URL) is a complete install for windows systems with all tools in one installer. For Linux user I have now also (...) (14 years ago, 25-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDForge - dev. plans and call for help

(...) If you want a visual example on stipple, look at my LD4DStudio, it uses it for transparent stuff. In combination with depth buffer you don't need to sort anything just push the triangles and/or quad cords using glDrawElements and optionally (...) (14 years ago, 1-Apr-10, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LDForge - dev. plans

(...) Ah, thank you Travis! I got depth buffering working now. :) No more problems with polygon sorting.. -Santeri (14 years ago, 1-Apr-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LDForge - dev. plans and call for help

(...) In order for GL_DEPTH_TEST to work, you have to clear the depth buffer at the same time you clear the rest of the screen: glClearDepth(1.0); glClearColor(0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0); glClear(GLCOLORBUFFERBIT GLDEPTHBUFFERBIT); (Note: the (...) (14 years ago, 31-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LDForge - dev. plans and call for help

(...) For transparency, LDView sorts triangles, and only triangles, not parts. So the centroid of each triangle is (p1 + p2 + p3) * (1/3). All transparent geometry in the whole model goes into one big list of triangles. While I'm at it, I calculate (...) (14 years ago, 31-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Developing LDBoxer Again

(...) Thanks, Tim! Along with a couple of bug fixes, support for the two other categories is now implemented. Right now, I'm creating the studless parts for the \B folder. Without them, LDBoxer would still not be able to boxer them. /Tore (14 years ago, 21-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Developing LDBoxer Again

(...) --snip-- (...) This sounds like an excellent development. I had to hand alter some of my Boxer'd MOCs to get the bottom detailing back in. And I think I forgot some. Tim (14 years ago, 21-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDBoxer Available at SourceForge

(...) I've played around a little with my old LDBoxer program. The new version auto-boxes a lot more safe-to-box parts than previous versions. Added support for parts without studs and parts without bottom details (URL) Replace button is made (...) (14 years ago, 21-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Developing LDBoxer Again

After seven years of thinking and hesitating, I have decided to improve my utility progam LDBoxer. There are lots of room for improvements, but to begin with, I will fix a couple of bugs I have discovered. Then I will focus on making two new (...) (14 years ago, 20-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: number notation in official parts

(...) Yes, and no, or rather, maybe. In Delphi you would do something like Write(Format('%g', [Value])); i.e more or less the same format strings as in C. But, it is type-safe at runtime :-) (14 years ago, 12-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: number notation in official parts

(...) Thanks for the info. I've always used perl scripts to convert oddly formatted data to a consistent format and then read it like that. Nice to know I don't always have to. If it could only read some of the more bizarre Fortran formats I'd never (...) (14 years ago, 12-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: number notation in official parts

(...) All float specifiers (e, E, f, g, G) are treated identically by the scanf functions. When scanning floats, they always recognize all float formats. One other thing about %g on output is that it automatically strips trailing zeros, which %f (...) (14 years ago, 12-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: number notation in official parts

(...) Ahhh. I'd never heard of %g before now. I'm so used to %f and %e it had never occured to me that there might be a mixed option. Handy to know as I suspect it would be helpful in reading files of unknown format. I'm sure Delphi has some hideous (...) (14 years ago, 12-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: number notation in official parts

(...) Actually, in C, %g does exactly this. Having said that, I think LDDP is a Delphi app, so it uses Pascal, and I don't remember how Pascal does formatting. --Travis (14 years ago, 12-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: number notation in official parts

(...) I definitely know this. I see them far too much in my job as a numerical physicist ;) My point is that to write in mixed format (some %f and others %e) requires some strange coding unless there is a weird language which does it automatically. (...) (14 years ago, 12-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: number notation in official parts

(...) Hmm, I thought I killed that "feature". I'll look into it as I find time to finish up LDDP 2.1 -Orion (14 years ago, 11-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: number notation in official parts

(...) I mostly agree with this policy. (...) There is nothing strange in the routines, it is the standard format used to represent very large or very small numbers in a limited number of digits. Actually since values never get very large in LDraw (...) (14 years ago, 11-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: number notation in official parts

(...) My suggestion would be to read numbers in that notation but never write them. I'm not sure why LDDP would write them that way (it would require some strange output routines) but if one thing writes them then it's best to read them. Tim (14 years ago, 11-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: number notation in official parts

(...) I think it should be forbidden in official files as the benefit is very small and it is not good human readable. Benefit would be smaller filesize, as 0.0004 (6 characters) has more characters than 4E-4 (4 characters). Against could be 0.4 (3 (...) (14 years ago, 10-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: number notation in official parts

(...) Such notation is not noted in any specs.. neither allowed or forbidden. At least, I can't find such. Maybe we should bring this up at LSC at some point? (FWIW I sent this in yesterday but it seems the server ate the message.. resending it) (...) (14 years ago, 9-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: number notation in official parts

(...) Such notation is not noted in any specs.. neither allowed or forbidden. At least, I can't find such. Maybe we should bring this up at LSC at some point? -Santeri (14 years ago, 9-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  number notation in official parts

If I rotate a part in LDDP the result may look like this: 1 16 4E-15 4 -20 0 0 1 0 -1 0 -1 0 0 stud4.dat This can be read by LDView and MLCad as a valid number. Is such notation allowed in official parts? It is nowhere explicit allowed or (...) (14 years ago, 8-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDSwitch Sample #1: Do/Undo  [DAT]

Don't know if you prefer to make input here or at SourceForge, so I crosspost. Please give feedback where you like, here or at SF. Here's the first sample LDraw code snippet. Set the value of the variable Rev028_Changes to Do or Undo, run the (...) (14 years ago, 23-Feb-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDSwitch Project on SourceForge

(...) I've just registered myself and my first project at SourceForge: (URL) to join or just input! /Tore (14 years ago, 23-Feb-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDSwitch?

Is the name/keyword/META-command LDSwitch/!LDSWITCH free to use or is it taken? I think it's not taken (in the LCad context), so I wish to claim it if noone protests. /Tore (14 years ago, 23-Feb-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Undo/Redo Information META Tags? Or Options Buttons?

(...) And I'm not sure this would be the optimal solution either. This options thing is more like a case switch than a series of if statements. (...) Thanks for your input, Kevin. I am looking for a friendly solution that won't output any code that (...) (14 years ago, 19-Feb-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Undo/Redo Information META Tags? Or Options Buttons?  [DAT]

(...) Well, you could easily do the above using the C preprocessor and #ifdefs, but that would be outside any LCAD application (and make the original file hard to work with in any modeler). #ifdef LDBOXTER_LEVEL_D /* crude simplification */ 1 15 0 (...) (14 years ago, 19-Feb-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Undo/Redo Information META Tags? Or Options Buttons?  [DAT]

I've been thinking hoe nice it would be if there was some kind of system of tags that enabled the user to store undo and redo information in a model after the model building application is closed. Now, there are a great number of LCAD apps of which (...) (14 years ago, 19-Feb-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Defining LED Colors in LDConfig?

I've been thinking about that talk of limiting the colour definitions in LDConfig.ldr to part colours with a few expectations, and I agree with that. But I wish to throw in an idea that I don't even believe in myself but yet want to air. Is it (...) (14 years ago, 10-Feb-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw Names for Monorail Parts

(...) It makes more sense for "Monorail" to be a valid CATEGORY than some of the existing ones, so I added it a while ago. The definitive list is at (URL) Chris (14 years ago, 21-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.trains)

  Re: XP File Search Refuses To Search .LDR Files!

(...) I'm using WinGrep ((URL) and/or Copernic Desktop Search ((URL) for local searching, and have turned off all Windows indexing. Copernic is awfully fast (but it creates huge indexes), while WinGrep is better (IMO) for source code searches. The (...) (14 years ago, 22-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Unofficial Parts Path

(...) This is a nice tip, thank you. Yes, I agree that it would be nice to be able to arbitrarily enable/disable/set/configure the paths LDraw (ok, maybe not ldraw.exe and ledit.exe per se) uses to search for parts. Mike (14 years ago, 22-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: XP File Search Refuses To Search .LDR Files!

(...) This is true in XP as well if you have "Windows Desktop Search" (or something similar) installed. I wish I could disable *that*. (14 years ago, 22-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: XP File Search Refuses To Search .LDR Files!

(...) Yeah, and the "improvements" in Vista and Windows 7 are, as far as I'm concerned, even worse. Also, I'm not sure how XP behaves, but in Vista/Windows 7 if you have indexing turned on and search new files, it will silently not return any (...) (14 years ago, 21-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: XP File Search Refuses To Search .LDR Files!

(...) Thanks, Travis, I have already managed to chase that annoying dog away, it was just to right-click on him or so. Maybe I'll turn that whole assistant off, too. Isn't it strange that in the efforts of making the search faster and easier, they (...) (14 years ago, 21-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: XP File Search Refuses To Search .LDR Files!

(...) I know your question has already been answered, but to get rid of the dog, see here: (URL) getting it to search all files is also described here: (URL) that the above solution should work even if you have indexing turned off. I'm not sure if (...) (14 years ago, 21-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: XP File Search Refuses To Search .LDR Files!

(...) 2" worked just splended. /Tore (14 years ago, 20-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: XP File Search Refuses To Search .LDR Files!

(...) Read here, (URL) how to add extensions to the XP file search. Or get WinGrep, (URL) Anders Isaksson (14 years ago, 20-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: XP File Search Refuses To Search .LDR Files!

(...) Aah, nevermmind. I installed good old Total Commander and got a much better file search without bugs and foolishly grinning dogs. /Tore (14 years ago, 20-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  XP File Search Refuses To Search .LDR Files!

Sorry for posting slightly off-topic, but the X-Pee thing drives me completely insane. I do a file search just like I always have done in previous systems, but in XP, the search fuction just refuses to search in .ldr files. I was looking for (...) (14 years ago, 20-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Inliner is back

You may have noticed that Inliner have had problems with winding. That should be solved now. You can find the current version (2.2.0.0) at (URL) (15 years ago, 11-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDConfig Manager 1.0

Because of the current discussion about the LDConfig.ldr I needed a tool to visualisise all the used colors. So I just coded LDConfig Manager. It is far from beeing complete and maybe buggy, but it works for me. Maybe you are also interested in (...) (15 years ago, 6-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw Boxer development

(...) There are some additional boxes on my web page: (URL) is indeed a very useful tool. I just wish I had more time to create boxes. Mike (15 years ago, 25-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDraw Boxer development

I am happily surprised to see that my old utility ldboxer is still in use. (URL) may have underestimated the potential of this idea. However, it needs a total upgrade. First, we need to add new parts to the \B library. Please come in with (...) (15 years ago, 24-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LETGUI new version 1.4.0.0

I have just uploaded a new version of LETGUI package, that contains the new tool Slicerpro (Version 1.1). You can download the updated package from (URL) (15 years ago, 1-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  Re: calc_z4.c (Was: Math Problem Again)

(...) True, but such triangles will not be visible in the 2-D front view of the UI and therefor not clickable - unless the program is buggy. And if you can't click on them, the function never has to encounter data from them. Hopefully... /Tore (15 years ago, 26-Oct-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Unofficial Parts Path

[SCAN_ORDER] 1 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>Parts 2 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>Parts\s 3 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>P 4 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>P\48 5 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>Unofficial\Parts 6 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>Unofficial\Parts\s 7 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>Unofficial\P 8 = HIDE (...) (15 years ago, 25-Oct-09, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: calc_z4.c (Was: Math Problem Again)

(...) Actually, if the original triangle is (for example) in the Y-Z plane, then just passing in an x4 that's different from x1, x2, and x3 will result in a failure. The equivalent goes for an initial triangle in the X-Z plane. --Travis (15 years ago, 25-Oct-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Unofficial Parts Path

(...) Ten letters folder name... may it always remain a quasi standard! /Tore (15 years ago, 25-Oct-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Unofficial Parts Path

Unofficial Parts Path Unofficial parts should not mixed with official part. Therefore the a quasi standard has been established as follow: Unofficial files should be stored in a directory structure like follows: <LDRAWDIR>/Unofficial/P (...) (15 years ago, 25-Oct-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact