 CAD / Development / 11078
Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2010 19:59:46 GMT

Roland Melkert wrote:

I've been a Delphi programmer both private and work related for over
15 years , but I think it's time to take a dive in the multiplatform
world.

You're aware of the fact that Delphi is going multiplatform in coming
releases? First the Mac, later linux. Still, it's an unseen card, we don't
know how good it will be, and how long they (Embarcadero) will pursue the
multiplatform track this time (remember Kylix?).

There's also FPC (Free Pascal Compiler) which is relatively Delphi
compatible (non-visual parts), and multi platform since quite some time. You
can use most popular widget sets with it, and it's got both a 32 bit and a
64 bit compiler. I don't have much experience with it, but it looks
promising, and there are people doing real commercial programs in FPC.

--
Anders Isaksson