 CAD / Development / 11075
Re: What do LDraw dev people use for multiplatform development
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2010 17:53:33 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Roland Melkert wrote:
I all,

I've been a Delphi programmer both private and work related for over 15 years ,
but I think it's time to take a dive in the multiplatform world.

Why do you want to go multiplatform?

Good thing that .NET is off the table! It's a pain for us users, too.

/Tore

Couple of reasons really:

1. Some of my customers are asking about the cost/timeframe of a non windows
version of their software.
2. I think windows only software has had it best time, Linux is maturing quickly
and Apple is gaining ground.
3. The challenge and experience gained can be handy later in my life /
profession.
4. I read about people asking for apple and Linux versions of LDraw tools all
the time, including some mails I've gotten asking for a non windows version of
my LD4DStudio.
5. Work is slow at the moment (I'm self employed) so I have more time for
study/private projects.

Roland