 CAD / Development / 11112
Re: LDraw BFC Tool
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 2010 04:41:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Timothy Gould wrote:
For example:

|   0 BFC INVERTNEXT
|   1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 stud2.dat

is a double sided part. This part will be detected as "double-sided" and can
be changed to single-sided by clicking on it.

Double sided part?

I don't get it at all. Two identical references to a primitive, and the first is
preceded by a BCF INVERTNEXT instruction. How will it look after being changed
to single-sided?

Has there been any discussions on this issue so I can get more familiar with the
problem? It's all new to me.

If such things exist in BFC-certified parts, then they are obviously wrong, but
won't necessarily be visible.  It's obviously an error condition, so having the
program detect it seems just to be a useful feature to me.  I don't see why
there needs to be any discussion.

After being changed to single-sided (by deleting one of the two sides), it will
either be facing the right way or not, but since the whole purpose of the
program is to get BFC correct, if it's facing the wrong way it should be easy
enough to then fix manually.

--Travis