 CAD / Development / 11116
Re: Announcing LSculpt 0.5.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2010 14:08:14 GMT

   Here is the new, improved LSculpt!

For BrickCon convention attendees, I’ll be giving a presentation on Sunday. See you there.

Please try it out and let me know what you think.
--Bram
Excellent!

To the palette of tools you mention on LSculpt webpage, I’d like to add
  • DAVID laser scanner to build your own meshes. The free version is perfectly usable (but you’ll need Meshlab to assemble the scans in a single mesh). A webcam and a focusable line laser (I got mine for a few bucks from dealextreme) are all you need to buy to use it.

  • Sculptris to tune your scanned mesh or create one from scratch. Amazingly intuitive to use.
I used both tools to create some LDraw parts. Here below the Fabuland Hippo head, rendered by LSculpt...

Philo