 CAD / Development / 11095
Re: LDPattern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2010 13:20:59 GMT

I just discovered the LDPattern project.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ldpattern/
Thanks to the ongoing delugnetization, I had no idea it existed until today.

Even with Lugnet it's not always easy to know things exists: I had no idea LDraw
Draw existed until today ;o)

My point is that the current approach for entering polygons in LDPattern seems a
little of a dead end if I got it right: Select to draw a triangle, then use the
mouse to set its coordinates. Next polygon that shares one or two of that
triangle's points, you'll have to click at the exact same position again. And if
you find one point needs adjusting, well how do you do that?

Hopefully Il'dar will chime in, but I guess LDPattern will work like Quad2dat:
once vertices are created, new points closer than some radius will automatically
snap onto existing ones.

Philo