 CAD / Development / 10462 (-100)
  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) It's my work system, but I rarely use 2005. Most of my customer projects demand use of Delphi 6 Pro. Because that's what the customer itself owns. I maintain their code so I have to use their tools. Because of this I don't justify spending (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) Probably. As I was reading the thread it was *loading* the MPD file that was considered two-pass, and my algorithm is definitely only one-pass for that (and no extra fixups after reading it all). OTOH, if the file should be rendered on screen (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) Don't know about that, source-wise (all my work projects are still Delphi, Win32 only). In .NET you definitely don't have to care about the language an assembly was written in, you just use it. (...) If that is your work development system, I (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) I suspect there's two definitions of "pass" at work here. I would consider a two pass algorithm to be anything requiring two loops (which we must have either way as their is no reference order specified in MPDs). Another way of considering it (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) Actually I can't get my head around 'searching for a file in the cache' as equivalent to 'do a second pass of the source file'. Every part is searched for in the cache. Each source line is only read and parsed once. What am I not (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) Delphi 2005 (9) is part of Borland Developer Studio (BDS) 2005. It also contains C# Builder and Delphi for .net compilers. But I mainly use Delphi for win 32 development. Since BDS 2006 C++ Builder is also included in the suite. But I decided (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) Is Delphi 2005 Delphi (Pascal) only? I've got BDS2006 at work and that contains both Delphi and C++ and C#. Going .NET would make it easy (?) to use a C++ library from Delphi, I think. (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) Thanks for the pointers, I'm working with Delphi 2005 Pro win32 at the moment (LD4DModeler was written in Delphi 6 Pro). So I can't use you're library. But I will certainly take a look at it. I sometimes write stuff in C++, but for a living (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

Lars C. Hassing wrote: [snip detailed explanation] Thanks for the insight of you're L3P ldraw reader routines. (...) If you mean by public, public to all children and not the whole world, this fits perfectly in Anders Isaksson vision. See my reply (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) This is actually very logical. And it fits in the description from the 2000 post pointed to by Lars. So all objects in the mpd are available for recursive children of the main part, being the first place to search. (...) I don't think stuff in (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) That is a two pass algorithm. It's optimised by only searching files that have already appeared but the search in stage II is a second pass. Tim (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) What about the following algorithm (assuming everything is cached): - whenever a file reference is read, search for the file in the cache. if not found, add it as an empty file and flag it as 'incomplete' - whenever a 'file' is seen, search (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) It seems to me that an MPD is functionally equal to a disk folder which has been added to the (beginning of the) search path for parts. No more, no less. If a part is found in the search path it is used, if it is not found it is ignored (with (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) You're right, but Jacob invented the MPD, so I guess I just followed his wish, though I would have preferred the scoping. Also he suggests a way to get scoping anyway: "0 FILE house1/house1.dat" which nicely reflects the storage on the disk. (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) Wow, that's impressive. I'm pretty sure it's accidental, too. (Accidental on my part; your L3P parser was obviously there first.) (...) LDView only has one file open at a time also (unless I'm mis-remembering my implementation), since the (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) You're welcome. (...) I think local scope is the "correct" thing to do as long as local scope means that only files inside an MPD file can access other files inside the MDP file. Files stored external to the MPD shouldn't, in theory, be able (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) I actually consider that to be two-pass, and that's essentially what LDView does. The only extra thing it does is that it checks for 0 PART meta-commands in the first pass, and puts the file data for the sub-files into their own separate (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) Well, if you read all postings on MPD through the last seven years you should be able to piece the correct answer together :-) I believe the L3 parser (used in L3P, L3Lab and "ldglite -l3") reflects that information. > However, I can tell (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) Sorry, you're right every part in the mpd should see any of the other parts. May be Ldraw.org should post a set of 'testcase' files to be used as a reference for programmers. For each file there should be a description of the expected results (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) Is that what I said? I didn't mean to... If an MPD contains main.dat, a.dat, and b.dat, then a.dat should be able to 'see' b.dat. I make heavy use of the MPD format while working on part files. Inside a single MPD, I typically have long chains (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) You can do it in one pass (if you don't count the loading of the file to a stringlist). Wile walking through the file you build you're objectlist with subparts. Afterwards you go recursively through the list of subparts. This way all mpd (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) Snip, very thourho explanation, thanks! (...) I was thinking of doing the local scope approach mentioned by Steve. But maybe I keep it optional realizing I always end up disappointing some people with ether approach. I was planning to create (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) I mentioned in my other (long) post that I don't think that MPD files should be required to have a .mpd extension. However, I'd like to add more here in answer to your specific question. I could be wrong, but I'm almost positive that it is (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

As you have pointed out, the spec is indeed ambiguous. Consequently, there's probably no correct answer as to how things should work. However, I can tell you what I do in LDView, so that you have an idea of how at least one MPD-compatible program (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

Thanks Tim and Steve, I think I will go with Steve's advise to let only the main part in the mpd see the other parts in the mpd. This will give a much cleaner recursive approach, in which I can easily support sub mpd's. Further more I think I will (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) Tim pointed you at the actual MPD spec. You may notice that is is vague on a lot of points -- it basically leaves it up to the program authors. My comments below are what makes sense to me, thinking as someone who might create complex MPDs. (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) My apologies. I just looked there more closely and it doesn't seem to answer anything. To answer what I'm fairly sure of (but far from certain): I think that the correct lookup order is internal, ., [MODELS], [PARTS] Yes MPD files must have (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) --SNIP-- (...) Hi Roland, Try (URL) for the file specifications. Hopefully that should answer some queries. Tim (18 years ago, 25-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  MPD file loading search order

Hello All, I'm implementing a LDraw file loader and was wondering about some details concerning mpd. I could not found enough info about this elsewhere, or I may overlooked it. [1] When loading a MPD file should I keep checking the first level of (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Unable to compile LDGLite 1.0.7 from Source on SuSe Linux

I'd use the "daily snapshot". It should match the latest Windows and Mac releases. I just never got around to testing linux build of of version 1.1.8, as you can see. Anyhow, main.c should include the bumpy case "StdAfx.h". I stuck a few linux stubs (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Unable to compile LDGLite 1.0.7 from Source on SuSe Linux

I could compile on Fedora Core4 with this patch: --- ../ldglite/main.c 2003-08-15 03:26:15.000...000 +0200 +++ main.c 2006-01-09 19:22:08.000...000 +0100 @@ -1388,7 +1388,7 @@ int lineheight = 14.0; int charwidth = 9.0; - extern void (...) (18 years ago, 28-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Unable to compile LDGLite 1.0.7 from Source on SuSe Linux

Having downloaded and unzipped the 1.0.7 source from SourceForge (and having had similar errors trying the version recommended on the LDraw getting started guide), I am having difficulty getting it to build. At first, when I was building, it was (...) (18 years ago, 27-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LDList stud count feature (Was: LSC - current status?)

Tore Eriksson schrieb: (...) Is it possible to include a separate directory where the unofficial files are? cu MikeHeide (18 years ago, 18-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDList stud count feature (Was: LSC - current status?)

(...) Yes, and now I know what the problem was: the scan takes 56 minutes on my computer, with no sign of life from LDList, so I assumed that LDList must have had crashed. But of course, it takes some time to count the studs from some 5 000 files. (...) (18 years ago, 18-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDList stud count feature (Was: LSC - current status?)

Do you have the latest version? 'Search by stud count' wasn't there until 4.0 (I think). Check the version in the caption bar (top of the window). Get 4.1 from: (URL) installing, you must also do a 'Scan' again, to rebuild the index. (18 years ago, 18-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDList stud count feature (Was: LSC - current status?)

(...) /Tore (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LSC - current status?

(...) That's where LDList (my LDRAW Part search program) comes in - you can even search on the number of studs :-) (URL) Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LSC - current status?

(...) Could the translation not be managed at the user end? For example we could make a program "partstranslate" which reads in one or more translation table(s) (just Swedish in this case) and goes through all parts adding a new line something like (...) (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LSC - current status?

(...) Actually, I don't have a problem with changing part header information with an admin edit without destroying the existing votes, and have done this many times. I would draw the line at changing data which affects the integrity of the part - (...) (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LSC - current status?

(...) the aim is to lower the bar for newbies and people who don't speak any english. assuming that you are not fluent in italian or german, just try to match the following words with their german and italian counterparts: brick plate tile slope (...) (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LSC - current status?

(...) LDList creates a file similar to what you describe, called ldrawlist.txt. I'm not sure how well the format would work for translations... Alternately, how about something more like this? (URL) only does a few parts right now) (...) Very true. (...) (18 years ago, 16-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LSC - current status?

(...) I'm not Willy, but I think I can still provide a pretty good answer to all your localization questions. (...) Allow non-English speakers to be able to search for things in their own language when using a modeling program (presumably MLCad). I (...) (18 years ago, 16-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LSC - current status?

(...) I have applied Robert's Rules in order to get this restarted. I will call for a vote as soon as Orion is back from his trip to sea. (...) This topic has not been discussed. For me personally it is for lack of interest. I have questions about (...) (18 years ago, 16-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Harmonizing Syntax of TLAS, LMM, and LDA2006

(...) Thank you, Miguel. (...) As discussed earlier, I am now convinced of the animation potentials of MPDs. As a (not very active, but yet...) member of the LDraw Standards Commitee, I am also convinced of the benefits we all would enjoy if all (...) (18 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDA2006 Progress Report

(...) Hi Tore, Congrats on your recent work. As you know, I am working on a parallel animation app project. At this point, I've stopped development on the new version and plan to dedicate the next month or so to cleanup duties (anything from (...) (18 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Proposed new colour

Hi all, Not sure if this has been brought up before so sorry if it has. When looking at one of my renders today Ross Crawford commented that the tracks were to reflective. We worked out that this is because they use the chrome color (383) to define (...) (18 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: LDA2006 2006-02-25 Beta Release

(...) Oh, yes it works - given you spell the commands correctly... :| Please disregard my previous post. /Tore (18 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDA2006 2006-02-25 Beta Release

(...) Back to the drawing table! Tweening function doesn't function at all! :( /Tore (18 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDA2006 2006-02-25 Beta Release

Finally, I have released the first beta version of my LDraw Animation System that supports the three new standalone [sub]scripts! To give it a go, download either (URL) on what you think takes less time. Then download (URL) unpack all files into (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDA2006 Progress Report

(...) Thanks for the input, Tim. I agree. Exponential functions for acceleration or fall would be nice to have. Sinus and Cosinus functions will make smoother walks. The best would probably be support for splines or maps, but that's way beyond my (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDA2006 Progress Report

(...) --SNIP-- (...) --SNIP-- (...) This all sounds very cool Tore. I may have to give it a go sometime. One suggestion to you is to allow for different tweening systems. Sometimes you may want something other than a linear tweening and it would be (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDA2006 Progress Report

I've changed priorities once again. The need of what I call standalone scripts have turned my todo-list upside-down. And the Tween command has made all the difference! After working all night, I finally made it work. That is, the first of the three (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Simple Maths Help Needed

(...) Rule #1: Never fix anything that's not broken! :) I need to make an if statement to take care of the exception where 'to' equals 'from', to avoid a division by zero crash anyway. Who knows what users can bring up... /Tore (18 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Simple Maths Help Needed

(...) There is another way ;) (Start_value*(to-Pro.../(to-from) Is nice and symmetric and more numerically stable. Tim (18 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Simple Maths Help Needed

(...) Oh, how close I was, and yet... Thanks a lot, Rosco! /Tore (18 years ago, 4-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Simple Maths Help Needed

(...) I think what you want is: value = start_value + ((end_value - start_value) * (Progress - from) / (to - from)) HTH ROSCO (18 years ago, 4-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Simple Maths Help Needed

I'm ashamed to admit, but I have got stuck in a quite simple Maths problem. It's all about an implementation of the basic formula y=kx+m, but somehow I have managed to think the wrong way. Luckily, I made problems like this in a glanse back in (...) (18 years ago, 4-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw File Repository version 1.0 released

(...) Hello, I am glad to see there is a place where one can quickly identify WHAT can be found, usually site promotion means i know WHERE to go, just to explore and discover nothing crosses my interests. Even if the list is far from exhaustive it (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDraw File Repository version 1.0 released

Version 1.0 of the LDraw File Repository is now available: (URL) repository currently has downloads of files by 5 authors, totaling 362 LDraw files, 10.7 MB. Most of the files are available on the authors' sites, but a few extras not on the authors' (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand

(...) That looks perfect. Thank you :) (18 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand

(...) It's never too late - I only hope that I'll soon have some time for L3P again. The shortest and easiest to remember keywords I could think of is: 0 L3P CAMERA_CALC OFF ... 0 L3P CAMERA_CALC ON Note, however, that it will only work in the main (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand

(...) That's almost there but it still includes that part in the camera position calculations so doesn't really leave me better off. This would still require copying the camera data over. I'll have a look at doing two passes and copying it over (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand

(...) True, but IFNOTPOV produces "if(0)" statements that can very easily be replaced by "if(-1)" and all the commented out tracks will be uncommented again. I find that easier than copy and paste camera positions. /Tore (18 years ago, 14-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand

(...) Everything inside IFNOTPOV won't show up in the POV file at all, so that would still require two passes (one with IFNOTPOV to generate the camera, and one without to have the correct scene). --Travis (18 years ago, 14-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand

(...) It's not what you're asking for, but I have code in an (unreleased) version of LDView that will put a POV camera into the clipboard based on the current view in LDView. It then lets you compose your view in LDView and simply replace L3P's (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand

(...) Oh, I think I see now. What about using IFNOTPOV? (18 years ago, 14-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand

(...) Not quite. Currently, L3P uses the entire visible "model" to calculate the camera position (-cg? ) to fit it all in. I would like to keep this functionality, but be able to tell it to ignore certain parts, e.g. train tracks which will extend (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand  [DAT]

(...) If I understand you correctly, I may already have found a solution to your problem with my two ldraw objects "camera.dat" and "look_at.dat". Following camera will be seen in any LDraw renderer, but invisible in POV: 0 ~Camera Position 0 Name: (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  L3P "Skip" part metacommand

Is it too late to see a command for the new L3P to ignore a part/line when calculating the camera position/angle, but still render it in the final scene? Most of my renders are quite plane, but I'd prefer to have the railway track going beyond the (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Massive LDraw file repository

(...) You can, of course, support both. The reason I say SMTP is less reliable on the client side is because you can't know if they even have an mail program, much less what it is or how it works. In an environment you're controlling (like work) (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Massive LDraw file repository

(...) I use HTTP POST to have my work computers talk to databases and it seems very unreliable because if there is a network problem, the request dies then and there. But if I use email, the server will keep retrying. But I agree, HTTP POST is easy (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Massive LDraw file repository

(...) I think HTTP is more reliable in unknown environments... From the server side, the HTTP method might be more complex, but keeping the complexity on the server side is better than making complex clients. (...) Right - the clients pushing data (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Massive LDraw file repository

(...) I find it easier to make a script dump an e-mail with some text in a mailbox than to hack a HTTP POST form. I might not care to implement such an announcement feature in my script, if it was too much work to do. Sending e-mail and posting to (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Massive LDraw file repository

(...) Using email for the transport here is just adding comlication - why not just have a web API that the remote repos use to notify of updates? Could be a fancy SOAP/REST interface, or a simple POST form. It's not hard to parse email, but it's (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Massive LDraw file repository

(...) I'm very lazy. ;) Any interest in a copy of the program that generates my overview file? (...) Definitely. Maybe we should take a few moments to think about how to announce the available LDraw files on a web site? Is the NNTP/SMTP header (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Massive LDraw file repository

And one more comment. It would be cool to have some automation for site owners as well. For example, Jacob wrote a script that auto-generates descriptions of the files on his site. All he does is move a file to his web folder, and a script runs (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Massive LDraw file repository

Ok, I'm going to try this again. :) I've learned a few things since my first post. I'm moving this to lugnet.cad.dev BTW. First of all, I know there is interest to in a Massive Ldraw file repository as I have gotten many private emails about the (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

Sven Moritz Hein schrieb: (...) I just tried ldglite_1_0_7 and I think it can work for you. Just give it a try. MikeHeide (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

Steve Bliss schrieb: (...) It seems that you need a viewer for MPD files but also a collector for all file in the MPD. And I mean really all parts. Please try my MPDCenter at www.michael-heidemann.de. It will collect unofficial files according to a (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

(...) LDLite will do work, but it does bark at you when there's no setting for the LDraw directory. Clicking Cancel gets you past that prompt, and then LDLite draws the file as best it can. (...) I think your idea for a packager is very good. I'd be (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

(...) I sure wish I knew how to recreate this...... Kev (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

(...) Sven, What might be better than sending a viewer app each time awould be send a person an LDR/MPD file and a link to a server running a viewer, perhaps an pared-down version of the java app mentioned in this post: (URL) That would definitely (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

(...) Ldglite wouldn't be a good choice (for a packaged solution) -- it needs glut32.dll along with the main ldglite.exe file. But it would be a good choice for a program someone could just grab, unzip, and run. If you pointed them at the download. (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

(...) Ldglite is still fairly primitive. For Windows, it's basically just an executable and a dll. If you don't give it an ldraw path, it should just look in the directory containing the model, and in the model file itself (if it's an MPD). Is that (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

(...) Exactly this is my problem. It is hard to explain all this to someone who has never heard of LDRAW. What I imagine is something like a (*.zip?)package containing the model file, the parts and the viewer. You just have to send this package per (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Proposed new meta-command: !STANDALONE_LDR

(...) This is a bit of a problem for me too. I've written scripts to import and export ldraw data from Blender, and naturally I built a model in Blender following that.. but now I'm not allowed to share the original Blender model without removing (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Proposed new meta-command: !STANDALONE_LDR

(...) They will. We haven't quite decided on what it will be but it will be there. -Orion (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Proposed new meta-command: !STANDALONE_LDR

I'd like to propose the creation of a new meta-command. It is as follows: 0 !STANDALONE_LDR The zero at the beginning of this command MUST be the first byte of the model file. LDraw viewing programs can look for the presence of this command at the (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

(...) I forgot to mention that the above programs will of course only work if he creates a directory somewhere that contains P and PARTS sub-directories, and then sets that as his LDraw directory in MLCad and/or LDGLite. --Travis (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

(...) I'd say your best bet for that is likely MLCAD or LDGLite. Not sure if LDGLite likes directories inside MPDs, but there's a reasonably good chance it will work. On a related note, have you tried using LDGLite or LDView as the renderer in LPub? (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite for Solaris 10 Install procedure

Yes one could do that. But as compilation is a one time thing and they would still have the distribution in case they mauled it, I didn't feel it necessary to do it that way. (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite for Solaris 10 Install procedure

(...) You should probably instead create a copy called makefile.solaris and make the changes in that. ROSCO (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

Hi Orion, Thank you! So I just need a good viewer for step-by-step instructions! Leg Godt -Sven (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

(...) Who said that? It's not specifically disallowed in the MPD spec and LDView/MLCad both work fine with s/ and 48/ in the file names. I just tested LDView by changing the LDRAW directory to an empty directory and used a self contained MPD file (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDRAW Package format?

Hi everybody, yesterday someone sent me an e-mail and asked for the instructions of one of my models. I asked myself: Shall I render all the steps of the instructions via LPub - which takes a long time? Or shall I just send him the mpd-file and a (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  ldglite for Solaris 10 Install procedure

ldglite for Solaris 10. Download and install OpenGL from the Sun Website :(URL) and install Glut from the Sun Website: (URL) ldglite from (URL) root (or other priveleged user) unzip ldglite in the directory of your choice (I use /opt and have the (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite Compilation concerns

(...) I'd say that <GL/osmesa.h> would normally be preferable, but "GL/osmesa.h" works fine, since double quotes in a #include statement search a full superset of the directories searched by angle brackets. So it should certainly not affect its (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite Compile fail

(...) Looks like gcc is getting pickier about function prototypes these days. Try adding this line near the top of hoser.c after the #include lines. void hoseout(void); (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  ldglite Compile fail

Ok, I know UNIX, but to be honest, I'm no programmer by a long shot So This error stopped me. gcc -g -DUNIX -DUSE_OPENGL -DUSE_L3_PARSER -DUSE_BMP8 -DNEED_MIN_MAX -DUSE_PNG -DTILE_RENDER_OPTION -DTEST_MUI_GUI -I./mui/include -c -o hoser.o hoser.c (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  ldglite Compilation concerns

I seem to have found a typo in ldglpr.c : ---Begin ldglpr.c line 51--- #ifdef OSMESA_OPTION #include "GL/osmesa.h" void *OSbuffer = NULL; OSMesaContext ctx; #endif ---End ldglpr.c line 55--- Shouldn't that be <GL/osmesa.h> I may be submitting some (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact