 CAD / Development / 10367
10366  |  10368
Subject:
ldglite for Solaris 10 Install procedure
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 07:35:11 GMT

ldglite for Solaris 10.

Download and install OpenGL from the Sun Website
:http://www.sun.com/software/graphics/opengl/index.xml
Download and install Glut from the Sun Website:
http://www.sun.com/software/graphics/opengl/glut/index.xml

Download ldglite from http://ldglite.sourceforge.net/

As root (or other priveleged user) unzip ldglite in the directory
of your choice (I use /opt and have the /opt permissions set to 777,
so I do not have to use root to install software ).

$ cd ldglite
$ vi hoser.c
Go to line 11  (just past all of the #include statements) and insert the
following line:

void hoseout (void);

Save the changes and exit (Escape then :wq )

$ vi makefile.linux
If you have not downloaded and installed Mesa, comment out lines 14 and 15 by
inserting a # at the beginning of each line.
got to line 38 which reads:

        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(OBJS) -o ldglite -L/usr/X11R6/lib $(PNG_LIBS)
$(OFFSCREEN_LIBS) $(GUI_LIBS) -lglut -lGLU -lGL -lX11 -lXi -lXext -lXmu -lm

and append " -lstdc++" so the line reads:

        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(OBJS) -o ldglite -L/usr/X11R6/lib $(PNG_LIBS)
$(OFFSCREEN_LIBS) $(GUI_LIBS) -lglut -lGLU -lGL -lX11 -lXi -lXext -lXmu -lm
-lstdc++

Save the changes and exit.
Now compile:
$ gmake -f makefile.linux
If it does not compile, post a question to http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/ and
we'll be happy to help as much as we can.
Things to remember: Default LDraw repository is /usr/local/ldraw .
You must set and export LDRAWDIR if you use a different repository location.

Enjoy!
Orion, Please feel free to cleanup and post to LDraw.org. You can even stick my
email address on it if you want.