 CAD / Development / 10462
Re: MPD file loading search order
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:43:37 GMT

Anders Isaksson wrote:
If that is your work development system, I think you've made a mistake, if
it's your personal one I can definitely understand postponing the expense!
D2006 is (after some patches) really snappy, feature-packed, relatively bug
free (compared to D6-2005), and on average produces faster code than earlier
versions. Hot-fixes are turning up on the Borland web site, so the wait for
bug fixes has been shortened too. Judging by the talk on Borland newsgroups,
D2006 is 'the thing' :-)  (except if you need to work with .NET 2.0)

It's my work system, but I rarely use 2005. Most of my customer projects
demand use of Delphi 6 Pro. Because that's what the customer itself
owns. I maintain their code so I have to use their tools.

Because of this I don't justify spending money on an upgrade.

I know D2005 is very buggy even with all service packs. But for my usage
it's actually quite stable except for some minor ide problems.

So that's why i decided to wait for 2007 before upgrading, to get the
best of 2006 and some extras :)

Besides 2007 is rumored for release in December so there's a big change
my project's release will be compiled with BDS 2007.

Roland