 CAD / Development / 10460
Re: MPD file loading search order
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 07:33:07 GMT

rmelkert wrote:

As far I know you can't use different languages in the same project,
or is this a new feature in 2006 and higher ?

Don't know about that, source-wise (all my work projects are still Delphi,
Win32 only). In .NET you definitely don't have to care about the language an
assembly was written in, you just use it.

I decided to Skip 2006, and wait for BDS 2007 before upgrading

If that is your work development system, I think you've made a mistake, if
it's your personal one I can definitely understand postponing the expense!
D2006 is (after some patches) really snappy, feature-packed, relatively bug
free (compared to D6-2005), and on average produces faster code than earlier
versions. Hot-fixes are turning up on the Borland web site, so the wait for
bug fixes has been shortened too. Judging by the talk on Borland newsgroups,
D2006 is 'the thing' :-)  (except if you need to work with .NET 2.0)

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm