 CAD / Development / 10453
Re: MPD file loading search order
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2006 19:15:52 GMT

Anders Isaksson wrote:
It seems to me that an MPD is functionally equal to a disk folder which has
been added to the (beginning of the) search path for parts. No more, no
less. If a part is found in the search path it is used, if it is not found
it is ignored (with an optional error message).

This is actually very logical. And it fits in the description from the
2000 post pointed to by Lars.

So all objects in the mpd are available for recursive children of the
main part, being the first place to search.

The interesting part is when you build up a scene, adding one MPD at a time,
manually - should MPD2 be allowed to use parts from MPD1? Caching would
allow this, 'locality' would deny it. MPD1 can definitely not reference
anything inside MPD2, as not even the user has decided to load that one yet.

I don't think stuff in MPD1 should be visible from MPD2 children unless
MPD2 is a recursive child of MPD1.

Roland