 CAD / Development / 10463
10462  |  10464
Subject:
48 directory and non filename only line 1 part file names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 2006 20:29:48 GMT

Hello all,

Still working on the LDraw loader.

The 48 directory in ldraw\p, as far I understand it, is a 'alternative'
source for primitives, not?

Jet I see some (unofficial) files using type 1 lines with the 48\
attached to the part name reference (eg 48\xxx.dat). Is including of
directories in type 1 line allowed or is this an exception? (could not
find this in the ldraw file spec page).

I was planning on adding an option ('Use 48 directory for primitives if
available'). So people can turn this on or off depending on rendering
speed needs. But with these 48\xxx.dat references in files you can't do
that. Unless I'll strip all 48\ references from the filenames.

Roland