 CAD / Development / 10465
Re: 48 directory and non filename only line 1 part file names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2006 03:33:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Roland Melkert wrote:

<snip> As might be expected, Steve's replies were correct (as far as I know,
anyway ;-).

I was planning on adding an option ('Use 48 directory for primitives if
available'). So people can turn this on or off depending on rendering
speed needs. But with these 48\xxx.dat references in files you can't do
that. Unless I'll strip all 48\ references from the filenames.

You shouldn't need to do that, although it would turn all geometrics into
'hi-res' references.

While it's true that this isn't all that useful, it can still be done, even
though some parts reference primitives from the 48\ directory directly.  LDView
actually has such an option, although the serious lack of primitives in the 48\
directory makes it not very useful.  (Also, LDView allows primitives that it
knows about to be substituted at variable resolutions all the way up to 96-sided
circles.  Since it supports a lot more primitives than can be found in the 48\
directory, that ends up being a lot more effective in LDView.)  Basically,
LDView checks to see if it's found a primitive that's not already in the 48\
directory, and if it finds one, and the same file exists in the 48\ directory,
it uses the one from the 48\ directory if requested to do so.

--Travis