 CAD / Development / 10384
Re: LDRAW Package format?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 18:12:08 GMT

Steve Bliss schrieb:
In lugnet.cad, Sven Moritz Hein wrote:

So I just need a good viewer for step-by-step instructions!

Ldglite wouldn't be a good choice (for a packaged solution) -- it needs
glut32.dll along with the main ldglite.exe file.  But it would be a good choice
for a program someone could just grab, unzip, and run.  If you pointed them at
the download.

LDLite is a single .exe file, and it supports stepping through instructions.
But it might not support MPDs well enough for your purposes (I don't remember if
LDLite's MPD support ever had all the bugs worked out or not).

However, both ldglite and LDLite make it easy to generate step-images for
instructions.  Well, relatively easy -- you have to go to a command-prompt to
type in the right options.  And sending a set of images might require fewer
bytes than sending a self-contained MPD and viewer program.

Steve
It seems that you need a viewer for MPD files but also a collector for
all file in the MPD. And I mean really all parts.
Please try my MPDCenter at www.michael-heidemann.de. It will collect
unofficial files according to a given list of official files. It should
work that you get all files if this file is empty.

I did not try it yet. Maybe you give it a try.

MikeHeide