 CAD / 13547
13546  |  13548
Subject:
LDRAW Package format?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 11:07:05 GMT

Hi everybody,

yesterday someone sent me an e-mail and asked for the instructions of one of my
models. I asked myself: Shall I render all the steps of the instructions via
LPub - which takes a long time? Or shall I just send him the mpd-file and a link
to ldraw.org, where he can download the LDRAW package?
I didn't like both possibilities.

The solution would be a "package" including:
- the mpd file including all the part files needed
- a viewer to show the instructions

Did anyone try to create such a package? I imagine a viewer like Ldglite (which
is able to show models step by step) . The LDRAW package wouldn't be needed
because the parts were already included in the mpd-file.
IMHO this would be the best possibility to give LEGO instructions to people who
don't have LDRAW.

My question is:

Is any LDRAW viewer able to show mpd files without the LDRAW parts library  -
when the parts are included in the mpd file? Perhaps the main poblem would be
the sub-directory /s that cannot be included in a mpd file.

Any ideas? (Or other suggestions how to show mpd-files to non-LDRAWers?)

Leg Godt
-Sven