 CAD / Development / 10396
Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 01:07:30 GMT

Tore Eriksson wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Dean Earley wrote:

Is it too late to see a command for the new L3P to ignore a part/line
when calculating the camera position/angle, but still render it in the
final scene?

If I understand you correctly, I may already have found a solution to your
problem with my two ldraw objects "camera.dat" and "look_at.dat".

Following camera will be seen in any LDraw renderer, but invisible in POV:

Not quite.
Currently, L3P uses the entire visible "model" to calculate the camera
position (-cg? ) to fit it all in. I would like to keep this
functionality, but be able to tell it to ignore certain parts, e.g.
train tracks which will extend beyond the auto calculated field of view.

I know I can set it all manually, but I can never get the same position
as L3P manages on its own :)

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/