 CAD / Development / 10398
Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 06:32:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Dean Earley wrote:
Is it too late to see a command for the new L3P to ignore a part/line
when calculating the camera position/angle, but still render it in the
final scene?

Most of my renders are quite plane, but I'd prefer to have the railway
track going beyond the edges of the image, and I can never get it quite
as good as L3P.

Currently I do this manually by hiding the part in question, running it
through L3P then re adding it back in the POV code.

I've also looked at doing this automatically outside of L3P but it means
running it through L3P twice and copying the camera position.

It's not what you're asking for, but I have code in an (unreleased) version of
LDView that will put a POV camera into the clipboard based on the current view
in LDView.  It then lets you compose your view in LDView and simply replace
L3P's camera.  If you're interested, please let me know.

--Travis