 CAD / Development / 10414
10413  |  10415
Subject:
LDA2006 2006-02-25 Beta Release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 17:07:43 GMT

Finally, I have released the first beta version of my LDraw Animation System
that supports the three new standalone [sub]scripts!

To give it a go, download either
http://web.telia.com/~u66203131/LDA/lda2006-02-25.exe
or
http://web.telia.com/~u66203131/LDA/lda2006-02-25.zip
depending on what you think takes less time.

Then download
http://web.telia.com/~u66203131/LDA/Models.zip
and unpack all files into your <LDrawDir>\Models folder
I'm sorry, current version only works if you use the Models folder. The program
executable will work from any folder though.

* Run the program.
(The five buttons to the top left have been like a tutorial in previous
versions. It will not work perfectly now, as I haven't updated it. So expect
unexpect results if you use it anyway. If you use it, then don't click on "yes"
when prompted if you want the minifig to walk. Use the new Animate command
instead.)
* Load the Sample script smpl.txt from File -> Open.
* Study the example in the SOURCE window.
* Change L3P options if you want (but do it *before* clicking on the Compile
button)
* Click on the Compile button and wait until the Done messagebox appears.
* Click OK.
* The animation files are created and stored in the Models folder.
* Click the Exit button or Save bat-file to create and store the L3P batch file,
smpl-L3P.bat, into your Models folder.
* Preview the frame files in L3Lab or desired LDraw viewer.
* Run the L3P if you want POV versions of the frames.

Some information on the files in Models.zip is found at:
http://web.telia.com/~u66203131/LDA/Contents%20of%20Models_zip.doc
Some more information in found at:
http://web.telia.com/~u66203131/LDA2005/LDA2005%20Data%20Formats.htm

The new LDA url: