 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2400
Re: My 3D Animation Diary (Was: The Minifig Macro)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 19:25:41 GMT

Your computer is just fine to handle the POV-Raying.  I made
many animations on my old PII400.

What got me going was this here animation tutorial:

    http://www.puzzlecraft.com/cm/ClockMod.html

I didn't actually use the "ClockMod" tools described here,
though.  But I found the tutorials useful anyway.

You should expect a steep learning curve.  POV-Ray is complex
and powerful.  If you choose to invest some time fiddling
around, you may be able to produce the most amazing animation
within some weeks.

Fredrik