 CAD / 12740
Re: LPub 2.3.0.7
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 21:08:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
LPub settings are the defaults.

I assume I can reset these by deleting all config files (*.lpb)

I did delete ALL *.lpb on my computer, and was able to generate ucogv
instructions using pov3.1 renderer:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Philo/Misc/lpub23/ucog_pov.png

The only small problem I had was that I needed to increase layout size (added
line "0 LPUB PAGE SIZE 1200 900" in ucogv.mpd file)

Another possibility is to increase camera distance.  This effectivly renders the
images smaller.  I used 50000 for ucogv.

Then, with exactly the same setting and file, I changed renderer to LDgLite
(with -Z90000 option removed).
I got this image:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Philo/Misc/lpub23/ucog-ldglite.png
- BOM is missing. Probably related to the error message that I got twice while
generating CSI/PLI/Bom and once during layout generation:
"Cannot find user part image C:\Scratch\ucogv\LPub\Images\um_c.PNG_c. Did you
create construction images?" (with "OK" button)

I'll try it out.

- Arrows have a wrong orientation, while pov was OK. I seached my computer for
all arrow.dat files, I had only this one in my LDraw\parts:

_0 Arrow
_0 Name: Arrow.dat
_0 Author: Willy Tschager
_0 Unofficial Element

_4 16 0 -36 1 0 -36 -1 0 -16 -1 0 -16 1
_3 16 0 -16 5 0 -16 -5 0 -6 0
_0
The arrow problem was solved when I removed this dile, so this is a LDgLite
precedence issue: ldraw part file was used instead of mpd subfile.

Anyway, I am fairly happy with the results: see for example the "ldraw car"
instructions:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Philo/Misc/lpub23/car.pdf

It looks good.

On my wish list:
- Release control of the ldraw source file when not in use, so it could be
edited without closing LPub

Hmm... I'll have to look this up.....  LPub should copy all the original files
to LPub/LDraw and release control of the original.  I edit the original MPD all
the time while LPub is rendering, or just sitting there.

- Start in the latest used folder instead of Ldraw\models (sorry to look heavy
on this one ;o)

Yah, yha, yah..... I've heard that one a million times ;^)

- maybe better control of the "form factor" of step boms (mostly horizontal or
mostly vertical)

Please look at LPub's help.  It should pop up a HTML viewer and show you
LPub/extras/LPUB.html.

I refer to the step boms as PLI's (Part List Image).  BOM's refer to the entire
model's Bill of Materials.  PLIs are for a single step.

You want to look for:

LPUB PLI CONSTRAIN

Is there somewhere a documentation (even terse) of all LPub/LSynth commands?

Philo

Thanks for checking things out.

Kevin